Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Herennow1

Comcast Norton Security Suite 6

Where can I upgrade to version 6?

Comcast is slow as always, Norton 360 v6

Was released, I'd like to upgrade to the current

version.

Thanx.

DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

Re: Comcast Norton Security Suite 6

some one said too me that Comcast Norton Security Suite 6 is comeing some time in AUGS

Regular Contributor
ffwfire

It will be out before August.  The only way to upgrade to the new version is by downloading a trial or buying Norton 360. 

yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

ffwfire wrote:

It will be out before August.  The only way to upgrade to the new version is by downloading a trial or buying Norton 360. 

Actually, the only way to upgrade to Norton Security Suite V 6 is thru Comcast.  It is normally delayed by 4 to 6 weeks from the time of the commercial upgrade release - thus we are not looking at August.

You can download and install a trial of Norton 360 or actually buy Norton 360 - but to me it is worth the wait to get it free.

Regular Contributor
ffwfire

The person before me said August.  It is definitely worth the wait for free.

dickevans

ffwfire wrote:

The person before me said August.  It is definitely worth the wait for free.

I think I'll go with Yank's estimate. It's much closer to the mark than August. As long as they don't release it on 4/1/2012 all should be well :smileywink:

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Herennow1

Thanks!

Just figured someone here might know.

dickevans

Herennow1 wrote:

Thanks!

Just figured someone here might know.

Hi,

There is a difference between 'knowing' and 'telling'. So far as I 'know' there isn't anyone here who is able to 'tell' you when it will happen. The fact that Norton has never announced a release date in advance, other than a year or maybe quarter, I would expect the other company to follow suit. Code modification can create more problems than the initial writing at times. The Law of Unintended Consequences rules. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Regular Contributor
ffwfire

Norton Security Suite works fine and it will continue to work till we get the new one.  I told the person the only way to upgrade would be to buy it at the present time.  Norton Security Suite is based on Norton 360 without the online storage.  That is the only thing our versions of NSS don't have as everyone knows. 

dickevans

ffwfire wrote:

Norton Security Suite works fine and it will continue to work till we get the new one.  I told the person the only way to upgrade would be to buy it at the present time.  Norton Security Suite is based on Norton 360 without the online storage.  That is the only thing our versions of NSS don't have as everyone knows. 

Hi,

There is one other thing. You have your own support forums hosted by Comcast.

Dick