Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
dickevans

Re: Driver Manager

McGregor wrote:

Hi Dick,

At last, some sense! I wasted many hours trying to get Norton to answer the simple question: Is Driver Manager a Norton product, or not. I was dealing with someone called "Tony Weiss", but I suspect that he does not exist he certainly didn't  read my messages.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice. Dick. I shall now remove it.

Hi,

Tony does exist. We suspect that he's an AI program at times but others claim to have touched him and state that he's real. As an employee he has to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds him. This makes getting a simple 'yes' or 'no' on some questions very difficult.

To my knowledge the program is not part of the Symantec/Norton line up. If it were I would expect it to behave much more politely and not try to conflict with other Norton products. You know what they say about a house divided against itself.

So, your problem is solved and you have marked the thread solved - thank you.

You know where to find us if you need help again. In the mean time

Stay well and surf safe :smileywink:

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
gladi8er

thank you dick for your help,

but as crazy as i may sound after i posted here the driver manager program disappeared from the add/remove control panel list, the reason for my post being the fact that it was still there with no add/remove option available to click on and the only program out of the 30 or so on the add/remove control panel list like that . and i still had to manually delete from the found entries from the start menu search.  how can i be sure there are no other remnants remaining as they have proved to me less than forthcoming?

dickevans

gladi8er wrote:

thank you dick for your help,

but as crazy as i may sound after i posted here the driver manager program disappeared from the add/remove control panel list, the reason for my post being the fact that it was still there with no add/remove option available to click on and the only program out of the 30 or so on the add/remove control panel list like that . and i still had to manually delete from the found entries from the start menu search.  how can i be sure there are no other remnants remaining as they have proved to me less than forthcoming?

Hi,

I haven't searched their site but most of the better security vendors provide a removal tool for use when you find it necessary to eliminate their product from your system. That would be my first choice. If that's not available we'll have to do some digging to find a free tool that will do the job correctly for you.

let us know how it goes

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21