Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
mb-extra
Accepted Solution

How do I uninstall Norton Utilites 15? Norton Removal Tool does not work.

I would like to uninstall both NIS 2011 and Norton Utilities 15. Windows Vista add/remove programs does not remove either NIS 2011 or Norton Utilities 15. I downloaded the Norton Removal Tool. It says I must first uninstall Norton Utilities 15.This has be going in circles. Please help. Thank you.

yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

Re: How do I uninstall Norton Utilites 15? Norton Removal Tool does not work.

mb-extra wrote:

I would like to uninstall both NIS 2011 and Norton Utilities 15. Windows Vista add/remove programs does not remove either NIS 2011 or Norton Utilities 15. I downloaded the Norton Removal Tool. It says I must first uninstall Norton Utilities 15.This has be going in circles. Please help. Thank you.

Hi mb-extra,

You can try the following as it sounds like you my have a corrupted install of Norton Utilites.  Try to reinstall Norton Utilities 15 I I assume you have it on CD) and then use Add/Remove programs to uninstall it.  Then try to run the Norton Removal Tool.

Please let us know the results.

Visitor
mb-extra

Re: How do I uninstall Norton Utilities 15? Norton Removal Tool does not work.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no luck... When I tried to reinstall, it said I was running a newer version and to continue with installation I must first uninstall the existing version. The vicious circle continued! C'mon Norton! It shouldn't be so hard to uninstall. I'll think twice before I install your products ever again.

However, after more searching, I found this link which was helpful. I skipped steps 1-7 as these did not work for me. Steps 8-10 did the trick to allow me to use the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall NIS 2011. Good luck to the rest of you trying to do the same thing!

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_fully_remove_norton_from_pc.html