05-04-2010 09:51 AM
I have found vineeth's post here, in regards to turning off email scanning, but it mentions Version 3.5 ( and being different from Verion 2.0.
I have received a question on emaIl scanning on the Comcast forums where the OP wants to turn it off as they feel it is slowing down the their email download. I'm sure they'll get an error when they do turn it off, but since I am still using NIS 2010, I can't see the exact procedure for turning it off and preventing the error as vineeth posted above. I know the somethings changed between Version 3 and V 4 so any help would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-04-2010 10:13 AM
Here are the steps:
1. Open NSS main window
2. Click on Settings -> Antivirus -> Scans tab (2nd one)
3. On the list find E-mail scanning
4. Click on Configure to configure other email scans, or simply turn it off if you do not want to use it
5. Click Apply
6. Click on Settings again
7. Click on Administrative settings
8. Find Product State Monitoring, click on Configure
9. Uncheck in and out email scanning -> this way the program will not report it, you will be green
10. Click OK
11. Click Apply
12. Close window
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v188.8.131.52, Norton Utilities 16