Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
jlua001

Re: Huge incrementals with Ghost 15

Just a quick update to let you know that Diskeeper seems to have acknowleged that there is an issue.  After analyzing some logs and system files, they have sent me a patch file they have produced to test on my Diskeeper installation, and I will be testing it during the next few days to see if there is a difference in the size of the succesive incrementals.  I will post here any results.

Contributor
jlua001

Here is the very latest update:

As I said on my previous message, Diskeeper acknowleged the problem, and sent me a patch/bug fix file.  The patch file, which consists on replacing the file "NsNtfsFSConsolidate.dll" on the Diskeeper installation directory with another one of the same name that they sent me, made a dramatic difference.  Differential backups with Ghost 15 that used to take hours and be many 10´s of GB´s., now take minutes and are an order of magnitude -or more- smaller.   Diskeeper tells me that they will incorporate this fix on the 2011 version of Diskeeper, or perphaps add it to an upcoming update to their 2010 product.

Rootkit Eradicator
Brian_K

jlua001,

Many thanks for your feedback. That is going to help a lot of people.

I noticed this problem with Diskeeper a few years ago but I didn't notify Diskeeper as I assumed they knew about it.