04-21-2012 10:36 AM - edited 04-21-2012 10:43 AM
I keep getting a " Core product files have been modified. Please run smart Update or reinstall the program". When I run Smart Update, it says my product is Up To Date....
Where can I get a needed update?
05-02-2012 10:33 AM
Looks like some other program is conflicting with the Norton Utilities Smart Updates.
Please follow the below instructions.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Press the power button on the computer to start it.
3. Immediately begin pressing the "F8" key on your keyboard repeatedly (several times a second).
You will eventually be presented with a list of boot options you can use to start Windows in.
4. Using the cursor keys on the keyboard, select "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.
5. Login in to your account (if asked).
6. When prompted if you want to continue to work in "Safe Mode with Networking", select "YES".
(while the computer is running in Safe Mode With Networking).
7. Open Norton Utilities.
8. Perform a "Smart Update".
Please let us know if this helped.