04-25-2008 08:32 AM
O/system Microsoft Windows XP-Pro/32 Bit
1. Ran Norton removal tool/Shut down system/boot system
2 Down Loaded Norton 360/2.0/2008
3. Saved down load to My Documents/Computer/Norton
4. Select Start/Run/msconfig/unchecked all programs running in the background
5. Shut down system/boot system
6. Installed Norton 360/2.0/2008
7. Ran Updates/shut down system/boot system/several times until all up dates completed
8. Ran comprehensive scan on C:Drive = 2/150 gig drives/Raid 0 = 70.5 gigs used space.
9. Backed up to E: drive 400 gig Sata Drive = 65.9 gig of used space
10. Quick scan on C and E drives.
Norton security check when finished does not run all checks?
Will not recognize Antivirus in 360/2.0/2008?
I am sure I have anti virus and a clean system per Norton 360
I previously ran Norton 2007 Internet security with no issues.
04-25-2008 12:23 PM
OK, When I run Norton security check from Norton web sight Norton tells me I do not have anti virus on my system. I get a red unhappy Icon for anti virus detection.
I am running 360 with all updates.
Maybe with the active x control?
04-25-2008 02:05 PM
But I guess your 360 is working properly? Sounds like a bug on the website adn not in your product.
You are safe
04-29-2008 10:13 AM
Thank you for letting me know about Nortons Websight Security check is not current for 360 2.0 2008 does not detect Norton Virus Protection in 360- 2.0- 2008
04-29-2008 03:38 PM
Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!