Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
Arrgghh

Norton DNS for ISP/MSP

Hi all,

I would like to know if Norton cloud-based DNS can be used by mobile operators and ISPs ?

We are a mobile operator interested by offering a safe Internet experience to our users. We would like to point our DNS to Norton IPs.

dickevans

Re: Norton DNS for ISP/MSP

Arrgghh wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know if Norton cloud-based DNS can be used by mobile operators and ISPs ?

We are a mobile operator interested by offering a safe Internet experience to our users. We would like to point our DNS to Norton IPs.

Welcome,

The Norton DNS servers provide different levels of protection so that each user can select the most appropriate level for their wants/needs

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v75999552_EndUserProfile_en_us

Provides some information on the levels and their URLs

So far as I know there is no restriction on who can use the service. It is one of several available.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Regular Visitor
Arrgghh

Ok but do the norton dns servers support recursive requests from other dns servers? Because basically we have our own dns servers and the idea is simply to forward the dns requests to Norton.

I am seeking for an official answer from Norton before switching 30-50,000 concurrent users to these DNS.

dickevans

Arrgghh wrote:

Ok but do the norton dns servers support recursive requests from other dns servers? Because basically we have our own dns servers and the idea is simply to forward the dns requests to Norton.

I am seeking for an official answer from Norton before switching 30-50,000 concurrent users to these DNS.

I don't have access to that type of information. I will flag this message for a moderator to review and forward to the appropriate team so they can work with you on a solution.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Regular Visitor
Arrgghh

Thanks, would be great !

Regular Visitor
Arrgghh

Hello dickevans,

Do you have some update for me or maybe you can PM an email address where I can reach norton regarding this matter ?

Regards,

Mohan_G
Topics: 178
Kudos: 214
Solutions: 28

Hi Mathieu,

I've sent you an private message (List Private Messages), Please check it when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Mohanakrishnan G
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corp.