Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
norco
Accepted Solution

Norton Ghost 12 Live Update

Hello,

I have Ghost 12.0.0.20352. The newest version ist 12.0.5.29804.

I can not find any information where I can down load the newest version, the Live update in Ghost says that all komponents are current.

How can I get the newest version on my Vista 64bit.

AllenM
Topics: 226
Kudos: 2,153
Solutions: 379

Re: Norton Ghost 12 Live Update

norco wrote:

Hello,

I have Ghost 12.0.0.20352. The newest version ist 12.0.5.29804.

I can not find any information where I can down load the newest version, the Live update in Ghost says that all komponents are current.

How can I get the newest version on my Vista 64bit.

Hi Norco,

Welcome to the forum. Were there any failed updates in the past that you recall? I've only known this to occur following a failed update or if the Ghost program directory was restored for some reason with a backup image containing an older version.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Ghost and that should take care of it. Please note that this will not affect any of your backups, all of them will still be available. The uninstall removes just the Ghost program. Ghost should ask you during uninstall if you want to retain your backup history, etc. Go ahead and answer Yes to this for now.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.3.0.12
Visitor
norco

@AllenM

Thank you, a reinstallation solve the mistake, to easy. Is a reinstallation realy necessary?

I'm deeply grateful but is there no other solution?

Thanks

PS. it is very difficult to post ! :smileywink::smileymad:

AllenM
Topics: 226
Kudos: 2,153
Solutions: 379

[ Edited ]

norco wrote:

@AllenM

Thank you, a reinstallation solve the mistake, to easy. Is a reinstallation realy necessary?

I'm deeply grateful but is there no other solution?

Thanks

PS. it is very difficult to post ! :smileywink::smileymad:

Hi Norco,

It looks like you already uninstalled and reinstalled Ghost to resolve the issue. Are you asking this question based on the possibility of it happening again in the future?

If so this is an unlikely scenario, something like this is pretty rare. If you have no other Norton or Symantec products you could delete the Norton and Norton Installer directories in the Program Data path but if you do have other Norton products they store things in this path too. Then try running Live Update again. However, in either case uninstalling is the cleanest and more fool proof method of resolving something like this.

Allen

Message Edited by AllenM on 12-11-2009 02:10 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.3.0.12
Visitor
norco

Hi Allen,

Yes, I already reinstalled Ghost 12 and the live update worked. Now I have the version 12.0.5.29804.

Good to know. I have also Norton 360 installed. Ok, then it is the best to reinstall Ghost if it happens

again in the future.

Thanks again