Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
New2Ghost

Norton Ghost 15 Recovery Disk from Boot CD

Does Norton Ghost 15 allow users to create a bootable recovery Disk so they can restore there had drive from CD or DVD?  If this is not possibel with Norton 15 does Norton sell a product than can recover from CD?

Thanks,

Johnny Mac

dickevans

Re: Norton Ghost 15 Recovery Disk from Boot CD

New2Ghost wrote:

Does Norton Ghost 15 allow users to create a bootable recovery Disk so they can restore there had drive from CD or DVD?  If this is not possibel with Norton 15 does Norton sell a product than can recover from CD?

Thanks,

Johnny Mac

Hi,

Yes, Ghost allows you to make and we strongly recommend you make a recovery disk. I've never tried to do a recovery from a CD [too much data] or a DVD [still too much data]. I keep an external hard drive for that purpose.

I use the recovery disk to make image files of drives which I use to test 'toys' on and when I crash I can recover in a very reasonable amount of time.

Check here: 

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/overview.aspx?ssdcat=221&lcid=1033&origin=techsup&env=prod&layout=...

You will need your Ghost key to complete the activation.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Super Bot Obliterator
redk9258

Hey Dick,

You gave the link for the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool. I don't think it will take the Ghost key. I think you meant to give the URL to the GHOST SRD. Right?

dickevans

redk9258 wrote:

Hey Dick,

You gave the link for the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool. I don't think it will take the Ghost key. I think you meant to give the URL to the GHOST SRD. Right?

red,

my bad :smileysad:

Thanks for the recovery

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21