Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
nordpil

Norton Ghost 15 - files and folders backup gets stuck at 5%

I have recently installed Norton Ghost 15 on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit computer. I have set up two backup jobs, one for files/folders and for an image of my system drive. All backups go to an external USB3 drive.

Now recently the files/folders backups has gotten stuck at 5% and it doesn't advance at all.

Any tips? I have searched the forums here and I have seen that others have similar problems. I have cleaned up some orphan drive letters, checked the event viewer log (nothing of value) and I have run chkdsk. Oh, and I have also been running the fixinstall batch file.

nordpil

Re: Norton Ghost 15 - files and folders backup gets stuck at 5%

I can add that the imaging job works fine.

Super Bot Obliterator
redk9258

I personally don't use F&F Backup. It seems like it was patched in from another product that Symantec purchased. I recommend a full partition image.

More reading why...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/Ghost-Image-Backup-vs-File-and-Folder-Backup/m-...

Gretar
Kudos: 28

I have not been able to use file and folder backup, get an error message, while trying. So I use full partition imagion

nordpil

I got it working againg - through the help of support. Not sure what the key was, but the support technician deleted a file under the ProgramData\Symantec\North Ghost folder, and that might have been what fixed it.