Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
harry1379

Norton Power Eraser Error

Just downloaded NPE from the Symantec Website. I am receiving the following error. 0x8004100a.n44.n66. The program checks for a new version then try to initialize when the error occurs. Running Windows XP.

dickevans

Re: Norton Power Eraser Error

harry1379 wrote:

Just downloaded NPE from the Symantec Website. I am receiving the following error. 0x8004100a.n44.n66. The program checks for a new version then try to initialize when the error occurs. Running Windows XP.

Welcome,

What security software do you have installed? Have you run any scans with that program? Yoou might try running NPE in safe mode with networking where fewer of the windows drivers and programs are available.
Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
harry1379

[ Edited ]

Hello

Currently running Nortons 360 as security software. I also did try to run the program in safe mode with network support and received the same result.

dickevans

harry1379 wrote:

Hello

Currently running Nortons 360 as security software. I also did try to run the program in safe mode with network support and received the same result.

Hi,

Can you download, install, update and run Malwarebytes free scanner found here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

it's Norton compatible so keep it on your desltop for use when you want a second opinion

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
NUser
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 3

Hi Harry1379,

Can you please send across the logs for us to analyze the issue?

The logs are automatically generated by NPE in the following (default) location: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\NPE.

I've sent you a PM with the details about uploading the logs.

Thanks in advance!