Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
dankkster
Accepted Solution

Norton Security Suite 4 for comcast users

I would like to remove some drives from the scanning process.  I cant seem to find a way to do it.  The only drives that need to be scanned are my OS drives, not the storage drives.  Thanks for any help.

yank
Kudos: 2,154
Solutions: 501

Re: Norton Security Suite 4 for comcast users

First of all I am running NIS 2010 and not the Comcast version of Norton 360.  NIS 2010 is more programmable than Norton 360, which is designed as a more or less "set it and forget it" program.

However if the capability exsists in CNSS, it will be found under the Scan Settings /Run Custom Scan.  I have my NIS 2010 set to only do a scan of the C drive every week on a given night at a given time. (all of which is programmable in NIS).  I am not sure about CNSS.

I am sure someone will inform you if I am wrong and the settings do not exsist in CNSS.

Visitor
dankkster

this isnt NIS 2010 (as you stated).  and I am not sure about it being norton 360...  I am going to wait for someone that knows for sure rather than a guess.   I have looked and still cant find a way to do it..  seems ridiculous that such a setting wouldnt be available.

it probably is, I just dont know where and your comment didnt seem to help.  thanks anyway

Visitor
dankkster

and now..  for whatever reason..  i must have checked something that wants me to run a complete backup and keeps nagging me to do it....

so now lets add how to disable that to the list of things I need to have some help with....  ill wait for someone whom actually HAS this program.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi dankkster,

You can exclude specific drives, files or folders from scan in Norton Security Suite. Refer to the instructions from the following Symantec Article(the steps are same for Norton 360 V4 and Norton Security Suite):

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20100713170356EN

If you do not want to run backup, go to Settings, and uncheck Backup from right pane.

Yogesh

Visitor
dankkster

I couldnt ask for a better worded solution.  Thanks a ton.  I was going to have to uninstall this product if I couldnt make it shut up about drives I care nothing about scanning...

Very much appreciated.