Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
RandyS
Accepted Solution

Norton Security Suite from Comcast Version 5 - Coming Soon?

Hello,

I am a Norton Security Suite from Comcast Version 4 user.  I recenly contacted Comcast to find out if/when a new version of the Norton Security Suite would be available.  I know that Norton 360 V5 has been available for a while and the Security Suite is based upon 360 technology.  Comcast had absolutely no idea if and/or when any new release would ever be available.  I would appreciate any replies/thoughts from the fantastic Symantec representatives on this.  I would like to upgrade to IE V9 soon and I would imagine that Norton support would be in the next release.  Thanks!

Contributor
kzahid06

Re: Norton Security Suite from Comcast Version 5 - Coming Soon?

I am wondering the same exact thing. Hopefully it is released sometime this month. 

RandyS

Norton Security Suite for Xfinity customers - Version 5 is now available at the following link:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/?cid=NET_33_641

I've successfully installed it and it seems to be working great!

Symantec Employee
jmcburney1

Good evening!  

The NSS 5.1 patch has been released to the Live Update servers.  This will update NSS to 5.1.0.29!

This patch includes FireFox 4.0.1 support and IE9 performance improvements.  Please see the patch notes for details.

Patch notes can be read here.

You can get the patch by either manually running LiveUpdate from the NSS v5 console, or waiting for the patch to automatically apply itself in the next 24 hours.

This patch requires a reboot. 

If you immediately go run LiveUpdate and do not get the patch, please understand it may still be replicating and try again in an hour.  After applying the patch and rebooting, you can check your version by opening the console and clicking 'support' and 'about'

Enjoy!