Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
GirlaPH

Norton keeps getting Suspisous.Cloud on Temp folder; virus keeps reappearing

I am really new to this site and this problem keeps doing it about a week or two. Everytime I turned on my computer, my computer started to get on slow on me when it hits to desktop. When Norton was active, it noticed a Suspisous.Cloud and it was removed. The next day, the virus reappears and it's doing it about a week now. I looked at the File Insight and where the virus location and it was a tmp[number-related] file. Here are the contents of this file:

c:\windows\temp\tmp00000011d56b9b2ef9954eb0
Origin:  Not Available
Hundreds of users in the Norton Community have used this file.
Mature
This file was released more than 31 days ago.
High
This file risk is high.

If everyone has this file before, please let me know. This virus is getting on my nerves. Can everyone know how to prevent this from coming back? Thank you for your support.

~Girla PurpleHeart

PapauZ
Topics: 391
Kudos: 1,023
Solutions: 374

Re: Norton keeps getting Suspisous.Cloud on Temp folder; virus keeps reappearing

Hi,

first go to the C:\Windows\Temp folder, and delete every file it contains. It it safe to delete them, they are only temporary files.

Then open your Norton product, run live update to get the latest virus definitions, and run a Full System Scan.

Let us know the results.

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.2.0.38

Regular Visitor
GirlaPH

Re: Norton keeps getting Suspisous.Cloud on Temp folder; virus keeps reappearing

Hello,

Yes I have delete some files, but the problem is that Perflib_Perfdata_2fc.dat, Perflib_Perfdata_6c4.dat, and Perflib_Perfdata_290.dat cannot be removed. First of all, what are they? And two, is it safe to delete them?

Contributor
Auburn

The perflib files are part of some system monitoring program. 

They are supposed to go away each time you do a normal shutdown.

I don't find any indication that they are part of a virus or trojan.

Google is your friend..,

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Perflib_Perfdata&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_r...

PapauZ

GirlaPH wrote:

Hello,

Yes I have delete some files, but the problem is that Perflib_Perfdata_2fc.dat, Perflib_Perfdata_6c4.dat, and Perflib_Perfdata_290.dat cannot be removed. First of all, what are they?

As Auburn wrote, these are some kind of temporary files created by Windows, and these will be gone after Windows service it using them will be closed.

And two, is it safe to delete them?

You can delete every file from the c:\Windows\Temp folder whenever you want. They are fully safe to delete. If some of them are used at the moment, you will not ba able to delete those, but the other left over temp files you can delete.

Regular Visitor
GirlaPH

Hello guys, thank you for the infomation, but I got some good news and bad news: The good news is that there are no viruses on my computer, but the bad news is that the tmp[increst number].tmp keeps coming back. :| Is this a broken registery or was it a .exe file that causes this to come back, because I wanted to know what's causing it to come back?

Anyway, I google seached tmp0000-related stuff, and it tells me that I need a CCcleaner to get rid of this, so that it won't come back. I think that this would help.

PapauZ

Can you please check what is running after you started your PC?

On the taskbar right click with your mouse, and open Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab, and check the running ones.

If you see anything suspicious, let us know it.

These are ok:

- explorer.exe

- csrss.exe

- dllhost.exe

- services.exe

- scvhost.exe (not only 1)

- ccsvchst.exe

- taskhost.exe

- winlogon.exe

Regular Visitor
GirlaPH

Well, I do check on the Task Manager and I did a Google search with a few exe files. One of these files aren't affected, so....

PapauZ

Which Windows an service pack do you use?

And which norton product do you run on your pc (name and version number)?

Do you use any other security product, or only Norton?

Regular Visitor
GirlaPH

I believed it's an Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, Norton Security Suite ver. 4.2.0.12, and no I only got Norton Security Suite from Comcast.