Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
sn0otsly
Accepted Solution

Should I be running Windows Defender with Norton Security Suite from Comcast?

I see posts here about NOT running Defender w/NIS, in fact I have one PC running NIS 2011 & I believe Defender & NIS 2011 were in conflict & clobbered my PC pretty good.  NIS 2011 does have anti-spyware.  Guess I won't be running Defender on that PC again.

Have two other PC's running Norton Security Suite from Comcast & I can't tell if it has anti-spyware functions or not. Can anyone answer that?  Should I be running Defender along with the Comcast version of Norton?

Didn't think it was possible to run too much anti-spyware?

regards

delphinium
Kudos: 2,964
Solutions: 293

Re: Should I be running Windows Defender with Norton Security Suite from Comcast?

There is going to be duplication of services that may cause conflicts.  There is no problem running Defender as an on-demand scanner for cross-checking, but two real-time scanners are apt to cause problems and actually reduce your security.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Visitor
sn0otsly

Re: Should I be running Windows Defender with Norton Security Suite from Comcast?

Thanks, thought about using Defender just for scans.  So can I asssume that the Comcast version of Norton has anti-spyware?

Super Virus Trouncer
bjm_

[ Edited ]

sn0otsly wrote:

Thanks, thought about using Defender just for scans.  So can I asssume that the Comcast version of Norton has anti-spyware?

Yes ~~  Comcast Norton Security Suite has anti-spyware

http://security.comcast.net/norton/resi/

Visitor
sn0otsly

I see from your link this is basically Norton 360,  I should have been able to figure that out.  Thanks for all your help, both to you & Delphinium.

Super Virus Trouncer
bjm_

[ Edited ]

@ sn0otsly

Welcome to the Community

:smileyhappy: