Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
yecart

norton utilities 16

What exactly is the utilities 16 program supposed to do?It says you need to clean your registry it sets up the restore points then it says you need to defrag your disk AFTER the registry scan,and when you start to defrag  it pops up and says you will lose your restore points (that were set up during  the registry clean) Then when you start to defrag it pops up the ignore,cancel retry screen and says you will lose your restore points if you continue with the defrag. Sounds backward to me?whats up?Why does the program have you do it in that order? Seems to defeat the purpose.What am I missing?.

Regular Contributor
yecart

utilities 16 restore points defragment and registry clean

Regular Contributor
yecart

utilities 16,Windows 8

What exactly does the utilities 16 program supposed to do?Some are saying don't clean the registry and others to clean it.

Super Keylogger Crusher
richfed

Re: utilities 16,Windows 8

Is there an answer to this question?

Also, is NU 16 FULLY campatible with Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit?

dickevans

richfed wrote:

Is there an answer to this question?

Also, is NU 16 FULLY campatible with Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit?

Hi,
I think that the employee post covers the W8 question.

The Norton Utilities are tools that can be used to help keep your system performing at or near its best. Not all of the tools should be used 'just because they are there'. There are at least two schools of thought on registry maintenance. In order to make a more informed decision about what is best for you it might be wise to do a search on 'registry' and read about what it is, what it does, and what can happen if it isn't working correctly.

My experience with the Norton Utility clean and compact registry routines has been positive. I do it from time to time. Usually after I've been testing software or done some add and remove program activity.

Hope this helps

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Super Keylogger Crusher
richfed

Thank you, dickevans, but I do not see an employee post> I guess you meant in a different thread? I will look around.

dickevans

richfed wrote:

Thank you, dickevans, but I do not see an employee post> I guess you meant in a different thread? I will look around.

It does look like I was reading one thread and responding in another. Sorry. :smileysad:
If I read the other message correctly the naswer is yes, NU16 is compatible with W8.1.

I'll try to do better next time

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21