04-21-2012 12:16 PM - edited 04-21-2012 12:28 PM
1) Make Norton able to prevent the registry and IE and Firefox browsers from being hijacked by the Happili trojan which is extreme hell trying to get rid of once infected with. It hijacks the google page and removed the usual links on the bottom and redirects links to horrid ad sites, including this stupid Happili search engine. And please make it able to remove the offending registry problems if already jacked. It also seemed to mess up Windows' ability to see thumbnails right away, for some reason I have to toggle views to make the thumbnails load. No idea how to fix it.
2) Make Norton see, if you want to the Babylon Translator software as a trojan, as well as the Ask.com browser hijacker and Google's updater, and Yahoo Messengers' updater and loader (or whatever causes Yahoo Messenger to load no matter what you tell it). A notice should pop up identifying those four hellwares and tell you: Do you want Norton to tell you if such and such is installed and to remove or prevent installation of these programs or prevent Yahoo Messenger from loading without authorization? YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!
3) Make Norton tell you if you have the sources of these trojans: UTORRENT.EXE, UNLOCKER.EXE, AND WEBCAM MAX, the main offenders that keep infecting me. And make Norton able to see into exe's or msi's and firefox and ie addons to see if the trojans (to me at least) are inside those things. Firefox would use xpi's or jar's, not sure what IE uses for add ons.
For those of you who have been wondering why you can't get rid of the Babylon URL field/search engine jacker after using the methods described on the net, or some uninstaller, it's because, I found out, you have to restart you're computer. Sickening I know.
4) Also, please make Norton also notify on installation to prevent the installation, if the user would like, the Rising Antivirus software (made in China garbage) because it doesn't have an uninstaller, and whoever programmed it made it to be a pest and pretend that it has problems uninstalling. It gives some strangely worded message when you try to uninstall it, and doesn't allow you to tell it to stop loading on start up and asks you if you want to activate it everytime you start up. To me that is like malware.
5) Could you also make an option in Norton to kill Microsoft's Search Indexer? It's hellishly annoying because Msoft makes it nearly impossible to turn off.
6) Could you make Norton have the ability to easily grant permission to a file to be able to delete or rename or move it rather than having to figure out the Hellish process that Microsoft requires? Like make Norton provide some auto permission granting method. It would great too if it could do what Unlocker could, thereby removing as great a need to use it in the first place and let yourself get infected with its malicious adware.
7) Could you make Norton have the ability to repair damage to the system done by trojans etc? Like monitor for a change in common system configs, for example how some virus or whatever messed up my thumbnail viewing ability. And as you know others mess up the ability to open an exe, or to go into services.msc, or that make the controls on task manager disappear or make it seem like they have at least, and all kinds of other annoying things. Like perhaps you could make a "restorre saved system configuration' rather than having to do a risky system restore and lose precious registry information accidentally as a result. Does Norton already have a restore registry from such and such date feature? I would like it if it could also back up Firefox and IE so that if they were some how messed with, you could overwrite the infected files that have to do with those two browsers. If you decide to try to do this, also make sure that Norton can back up Firefox Portable.