Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Virus Trouncer
bjm_

Re: Sandbox

Hello Topic

Well, I'm re-thinking my previous comments on 01-26-2011 12:40 AM  re sandboxing. 

After reading this info/description re an integrated sandbox.

Maybe an integrated sandbox would help resolve the issues / complaints about SONAR and WS.Reputation.1

I am now if favor of an integrated sandbox.  Open to further discussion.

If it really works as offered in The Sandbox - An Introduction and more details links.

Thanks

Please excuse my reference to competitor product.  Their verbiage is well written IMO.

& I'm also intrigued by their claim that CIS is 100% Free.

Thanks for your interest  

Regular Contributor
Iago

Great idea, but could improve it type: the Sandbox could be fully optimized! It could do '' A "fusion" technology Downloads Isingls 2 with SONAR 3 and the sandbox! So when a download or an application is run the download will be checked first by Auto-Protect, after the Weekly Insight 2 (which download insight not dectar threats) SONAR will verify the download (which no threats are found, which I find quite difficult). the download will automatically run in the Sandbox! NOTE:::::::::: Download Insight has not detected any good and bad of * downloaded * as * unknown * was so the Download will open in Sandbox and SONAR will verify the file!!!!! That is a malicious file is locked or deleted! : D  Detail:::::: > > > > > > > > That Is POSSIBLE To DO ALL THIS! kk

mjathu

Sandboxing Feature in Norton

Hi

I would like to see an auto/manual sandboxing feature (eg: Comodo, Avast) in the coming norton products.

Jathu

Contributor
EricBrock1984

yes we need sandbox it can be like norton insight sandbox anyways we need sandbox wow norton is already unstoppable but with SANDBOX BLOW ME AWAY LOL

Regular Contributor
Sithlord76

Sounds good to me add the sandbox feature to the new norton 2012 product. I agree

Regular Contributor
Sithlord76

But sandbox should be a option that can be turned on and off to what users what it and dont what it.

I also think unknow files should be put into the sandbox environment which will give the time for norton to do their anaysis on the file. Also to give the option to the user to put or take files out of the sandbox environment.

That would make norton one of the best software with insight protection, sonar protection, download intelliggence and the option for sandbox. Four different levels pf protection

Contributor
EricBrock1984

http://askbobrankin.com/can_a_sandbox_improve_security.html         Norton please do this it be great it will improve Norton :)

Contributor
EricBrock1984

That would make norton one of the best software with insight protection, sonar protection, download intelliggence and the option for sandbox. Four different levels of protection....u told the truth on that one...Do it norton  u want the people to be secure DO IT!!!

J_W
Contributor
J_W

[ Edited ]

I'd personally like to see the Internet Browser (both IE and Mozilla) be run in a virtualized environment (or a so-called sandbox mode), with the ability to clear the virtual data, turn the virtualization on/off and be notified when the sandboxing/virtualization has been turned on/off (perhaps with some sort of graphic effect...) and all inter-linked with Norton's Anti-virus/spyware software, heristic analysis, SONAR etc.

The reason for the Internet Browser being virtualized/sandboxed is that anything you do is run in a virtualized environment.  Anything you download is scanned by Norton's Anti-virus/spyware, heuristic analyisis, SONAR etc; all in the virtual environment.  If you visit a malicious site with a malicious payload, or you visit a site that is newly created, or anything you download via the browser is found to be malicious (by detection of Norton's Anti-virus/spyware, SONAR etc) then simply clearing the virtual data will erase all that data - browsing history, cookies, cache, downloaded apps - the whole thing and then you would not have to worry about anything reaching the computer since it was in a sandboxed environment.

Anything would be contained within the virtualized browser and a one-click delete would get rid of it all - It would certainly enhance Norton products a whole lot more...

Regular Contributor
Sithlord76

Hi you all,

I have looked at most of the new line software that is coming out by the other companies and Norton will blow them always with their 2012 product and if it adds sandbox they will take the rest of the customers out there that don't know what to choose from. So keep it up Norton and thanks for listening to the public great job.