Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
EzzO

Re: Upgrade firewall

NIS 2012 in beta and what's new in firewall?

Contributor
scree

MS Sysinternals TCPView a good base to start off with.

Regular Contributor
Sithlord76

Well having a application control center with Norton firewall that is monitoring all applications that are running and connecting to the internet. With info on the application and what IP address it is connecting to would be nice feature added to the firewall.

Also I notice with the smart firewall feature it lets any application connect to the internet and doesn't give you the option to block the connect unless you go into the application control center of Norton and know what application you what to block. It would be nice to get notice of new applications that are trying to connect to the internet.

So I agree add better application control to the Norton product

Gretar
Kudos: 15

Good idea, hopefully in next version.

Visitor
BBryon

I agree.  Once upon a time long long ago, in a land far away, Norton did indeed give a complete web history.  Although it did not give process information as to what process attempted to access the internet, it did give a full list of web accesses, which was very helpful in rooting out offending malware, and rogue processes on a machine.  Now we don’t even get access to the web history.  It would be nice to return the web access log to NIS, and adding the feature of logging which process requested the process would be nice as well.  Which as has been stated "IS" part of many other top line Security products.  As My buddy and fellow Nebraskan Larry always says "Getther Done"

xxJackxx
Topics: 18
Kudos: 36
Solutions: 5

I see this thread is now 20 months old with no progress that we have been made aware of. I believe at this point that none of these suggestions are being considered.

Contributor
Bananas

This topic hasn't been commented on by a Symantec employee since 2010.  I do think it is a good idea, by the way.