11-16-2012 10:42 PM - edited 11-16-2012 11:42 PM
How to Remove the FBI Moneypak Virus that Locked Your Computer (Video Transcript)
Here's the Moneypak virus detection and removal help! The above FBI Moneypak Removal video link will walk you through the quick and easy steps for removing FBI Moneypak (Trojan.Ransomlock) using the free FBI virus removal tool, Norton Power Eraser.
1) Start by shutting down your computer by holding the power button for ten seconds.
2) As the system restarts, press F8 key twice to bring up the advanced boot options.
3) Use the down arrow to select "Safe Mode with Networking" option.
4) Using the browser, go to http://norton.com/npe
5) Click the button "Download Norton Power Eraser" (this will delete the FBI Moneypak Virus)
6) Save it to the Desktop and double click icon to run the exe file
7) Agree to the User License terms
8) As soon as Norton Power Eraser initializes, click 'Scan for Risks'
9) Let it restart to scan
10) Tap F8 again as the computer reboots
11) Use the down arrow to select "Safe Mode with Networking" option again.
12) Click Run to allow Norton Power Eraser to automatically scan.
13) Once it finishes, you'll see the 'Scan Complete' window with the results of the infected file.
14) Click the Fix button at the bottom to remove or uninstall FBI Moneypak virus, if found.
15) It will ask you to reboot or restart your system one more time. Click Restart.
16) When your computer reboots to normal mode, you'll see a confirmation that NPE removed or uninstalled the FBI Moneypak Virus
More instructions can be found at Norton Support Portal on the document titled I see an alert from FBI or police asking me to send money
This is an extortionist malware or ransom-ware that fakes as an alert or a warning from the Federal Bureau of Investigation that you are implicated in an illegal cyber activity and threatens that you pay a fine or end up in jail if the cash is not paid within the stipulated time of 72 hours. In other words, this computer virus, claiming to be from FBI, locks your PC for a ransom!
11-16-2012 11:39 PM
You mean the Video link didn't work, right? I think the link is now approved!
23 Likes on YouTube for this video says this solution works!
11-17-2012 09:57 AM
No, the instructons didn't work. I am not surprised, I can now think of 2 ways it didn't work, Why it didn't work for me, and why others who have turned up find it didn't work.
Then there is a way it may work with one small sub group, but you dig a big hole for Windows.
You are writing like you are a person that infects with malware and tests so you will work it out.
11-27-2012 02:00 AM
FBI virus (Reveton) have differents versions, + in Windows XP users should Disable startup programs .. in System Configuration Utility , startup tab..
All in all, in last days Safe mode with networking or Safe mode with command prompt is blocked :)