Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
livetech

FBI Virus With Command Prompt Tip

[ Edited ]

I recently learned a new technique for bybassing the FBI virus Screen blocker. Turn on the computer and start tapping F8 from the boot menu choose safe Mode with command prompt. Once loaded type in the command control.exe this will launch the Control Panel. From here you go to user accounts and turn on the guest account. Reboot your computer regularly and log into the guest account this should give you access to your desktop from there you can use your favorite online virus removal tools to fix your computer

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: FBI Virus With Command Prompt Tip

Badically  Advert / spam post  (link goes to a site for users to pay for removal + free AV etc.

interesting  longer way around variants that don't also stop CMD,   Why create another account to use,  (some variants block all accounts)  why not use CMD To start explorer.exe to bring up the desktop without loading the Ransomware file also, like a Normal and Safe Mode (with net and min) would load the Ransomware.

If variants that also deal with the shell (cmd.exe) these instructions don't work, as CMD is stopped also.

But I beleive this above message was a post to get business for the company.

Quads

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Quads wrote:

But I beleive this above message was a post to get business for the company.

Quads

My thoughts also - They have been reported.

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Visitor
waltswhiffs

Quads, Let me preface my question with the disclaimer that I am not very "Tech Savvy", so please be gentle. I'm new to this but have read many of the posts over a myriad of topics. I want to confess, after reading many of your posts, that I am guilty of the very thing you preach against. I received one of those "FBI' ransom notes,And being not well informed, I attempted to get rid of it (don't yell). Because the ransomware froze my screen and wouldn't let me log on, I couldn't access any antivirus or other programs to get rid of it. So, I powered down computer. I powered on and as it started to boot, I hit the esc key for menu. From that I chose Safe Mode and as it was booting I kept pressing F9 (I think). It took several attempts but finally the menu came up. I chose system restore going back 3 days. It worked and the "ransom note" was gone with everything working normally. I also ran all anti-everything.The question is did that remove the problem, or is it still somewhere in my computer? If so, where would it be and how do I remove it. Thanks for any help you can provide and being understanding.   

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You have altered you system as a whole, so that changes everything

Quads