Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
marymeagan

Hi Disc use

Hi Guys

I keep getting a message from Norton that says I have High Disc Use and when I click on more information it just shows me a bunch of numbers and other no meaning nonsense.

Can anyone tell me what High Disc Use means ?

Larry

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,794
Solutions: 776

Re: Hi Disc use

Hi marymeagan,

Does the alert tell you which program is causing the high disk usage?  The Norton Performance notifications are just to advise you when a program on your system is using a higher than usual amount of available resources.  SInce such high usage will happen occasionally in the normal course of events, it is not usually anything you need to worry about. 

Super Virus Trouncer
bjm_

Re: Hi Disc use

[ Edited ]

marymeagan wrote:

I keep getting a message from Norton that says I have High Disc Use and when I click on more information it just shows me a bunch of numbers and other no meaning nonsense.

Can anyone tell me what High Disc Use means ?

Please review ~ Norton Help Center > Index > Performance Monitoring

Please review ~ Security History > Performance Alert > More Details

This is an entry from my Performance Alert

Category: Performance Alert
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action
12/15/2010 2:54 PM,Info,High CPU usage by: BlackArmor Backup Service ,Detected,No Action Required

Norton is advising me via More Details that running my Image backup used 100% of at least one CPU.

More Details ~ File Insight reports the Program that prompted the Alert as well as the Activity - Show has two options.  Performance Alert / Performance. 

Please review ~ Miscellaneous Settings > Performance Monitoring

As per your post.  Your Disk drive was causal to the Alert.

If Norton points you to a specific event. Then this is just info for you.

If Norton or you cannot point to an associated event than please post back with any additional info.

Thank you