Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

MBAM 2.0 released!

http://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2014/03/malwarebytes-anti-malware-2-0/

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Phishing Phryer
ALF60

Re: MBAM 2.0 released!

Thanks Krusty!    here is the change log

What's new in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0:

• Completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and providing quicker access to key functionality
  • Quick Scan has been renamed to Threat Scan, our recommended scan type
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings)
  • Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings)
  • Enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista SP2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as BitTorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name)
  • Native x64 system location scanning, detection and malware removal
  • Substantial improvements to core detection and removal technology
  • Performance issues when streaming audio on Vista SP2 and newer when using Malicious Website Protection should now be resolved.
huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,822
Solutions: 376

I've just downloaded and am running the Free version -- Note that it specifically suggests on the Installation Screen that one disables AV and Firewall while installing .....

It's a bit garish compared with before and much more complex -- could do with a Windows 8 style guide to how to understand it!

One thing I've found and don't know if there's a setting for it yet since it's running it's initial Never been run scan is that if you minimize it it does not minimize to the task bar. It disappears completely but if I click on Start there's what looks like a Menu entry and that brings it back to visible on screen.

It doesn't seem to have put an icon on the desktop either although I left that checked to be done ....

Hugh
Super Spyware Scolder
Scoop8

↑ Thanks for the link and changelog info.  I got in on the lifetime license with the earlier version by a few hours this morning for my Mom's XP PC.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Hugh,

You can close MBAM and the scan keep running now... Or it did for me when I accidentally closed it.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,822
Solutions: 376

Yes, that's how I found the START Entry.

But I've found the Desktop shortcut Icon which triggered the memory I have to drag and drop that on the task bar in Windows 7 in order to get a shortcut there and, I think, have it minimze to the Task Bar .....

More later.

Hugh
F4E

I'm running a custom scan on drive C on my desktop, and a Threat Aka Quick Scan on my laptop. Both are painfully slow.

The desktop scan has been running for 1hr 18 minutes, and counting...............:smileysad:

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.4.0.13
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Hi F4E,

They've changed the name of the scans, so the Custom Scan is now the Full system scan, and as you've noticed, the Threat Scan is now the so called quick scan, but the Theat Scan took about half an hour on my machines.  :smileyfrustrated:

Back to v1.75 and running as per normal for me.  :smileyhappy:

F4E

Me, too. Back to v 1.75 on both my machines. MBytes have some work to do..............:smileyfrustrated:

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.4.0.13
Super Spyware Scolder
Scoop8

F4E & Krusty13

Thanks for the early info about V2.  I disabled the auto-version update on my 2 PC's for now.

After checking in over at the MBAM Forum this morning, there's a number of issues being reported about V2.  They'll get it all sorted out in time.