Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spam Squasher
ALF60

NEW ADOBE READER XI ANNOUNCMENT

[ Edited ]

ADOBE plans on releaseing a new ADOBE READER XI (11.0.0) for when and more info go to  http://blogs.adobe.com/adobereader/2012/10/announcing-adobe-reader-xi.html   If you want to download it now it is availabe at majorgeeks.com and neowin.net 36.1 mb in size.  The built in updater at this time on October 14 2012 is not updated

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: NEW ADOBE READER XI ANNOUNCMENT

[ Edited ]

Thanks ALF60,

I've just manually updated from adobe.com.

Cheers,

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Super Spam Squasher
ALF60

THANK Dave    Here  is a  direct distribution site   http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/   it should download with out the ad on check boxes as usual watch the the installer for un wanted toolbar and search check boxes

Regular Contributor
Calls

will adobe still be supporting (and updating Reader X and Reader 9?

Edjr60

Calls wrote:

will adobe still be supporting (and updating Reader X and Reader 9?

Hi All,

I like to keep up to date on software as much as the next guy, but Calls makes a point that I wonder about sometime. Right now I'm running Reader 9.5.2. I know they come out with updates periodically. With me, I use Reader on a very limited basis. I don't use it to the extent others do.

Basically, I have two or three owners manuals downloaded to it. Makes for easier reading than those tiny paper manuals that come with what you buy. Also good for occasionally opening online bill statements when paying a bill online.

No more than I use it, does anyone think the version 9 series is waaaaay too outdated to use for now. Considering Reader 11 now.

Thanks,

Ed

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Hi,

I went to update a friends laptop yesterday to Adobe Reader 11,  but as he has Vista the latest version I could install was 10.1.4.  9.5 was also available.  I will guess that since 11 isn't available for Vista then Adobe will have to continue support (for a while) of 9 and 10.

Cheers,

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Edjr60

Ok ... thanks Dave.

Ed