Welcome to the Norton Identity Safe Public Beta!
01-30-2012 03:20 PM
Welcome to the Norton Identity Safe Public Beta.
We are still in ‘practice’ mode and would appreciate your help testing!
IMPORTANT: You may install Identity Safe Beta on top of your NAV product. If you have Norton Internet Security or Norton 360, you already have Norton Identity Safe installed. You may now enjoy ID safe on the go by downloading our mobile applications (Both applications are in beta stage).
From your Android device: http://www.norton.mobi/identitysafe/
From your iOS device: http://bit.ly/zGHZGd
We are thrilled to announce the Beta launch of Norton Identity Safe – Standalone! To access this Public Beta please navigate to https://identitysafe-beta.norton.com/
Norton™ Identity Safe remembers and secures your user names, passwords, and more, so you can quickly and easily access your favorite websites from both PCs and mobile devices. Plus, it warns you of dangerous and malicious websites, so you can search, shop, and bank online without worry.
Helps Protect From:
- Forgotten user names and passwords
- Theft of user names, passwords, and other online credentials
- Sharing infected and unsafe websites
- Phishing websites
Immediately after downloading the client, you will be asked to create a Norton account (or you may use an existing one) and an online vault. For your online vault, you’ll need to come up with a difficult to crack password. Please make sure that this password is easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess. Also, please note we will not be able to recover this password for you, so it’s key that you don’t forget it.
As new beta builds go out, we’ll update you silently in the background. Your data will continue to be securely stored post-beta. Pleasegive us your feedback by posting your issues, suggestions, questions, or anything you’d like to tell us. We want this product to be the best quality product when we release.
Please check back on the forums regularly for beta build updates, messages from Symantec, and discussions by other users like you.
ID Safe Standalone Features
1. Login Capture: Gives you the option of having your user names, passwords, and other information automatically pulled in, organized, and securely stored as you log in to websites.
2. Easy & Secure Logins: Automatically enters your user names and passwords, if you choose, for hassle-free logins and protection from cybercriminals and keystroke spyware.
3. Multi-Platform Support: Automatically synchronizes your logins and other information across devices, so you access them on Internet-connected PCs, iPhones®, iPads®, Android™ smartphones, and Android tablets.
4. Multi-Web Browser Support: Offers easy, secure access to your user names and passwords through a variety of browsers including Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, and Chrome™.
5. Safe Search: Provides site safety ratings right in your search results, so you can surf and shop online without worry.
6. Norton Safe Web: Identifies safe sites, proactively warns against and blocks malicious sites—including phishing sites that could steal information—and stops online threats before your browser loads.
7. Identity Cards: Store additional information, such as your credit card numbers, shipping addresses, billing address, phone number, email, and more, and securely fill in Web forms for you.
8. Secure Notes: Lets you view your saved details, such as frequent flyer numbers, passport, social security numbers, product keys, and more.
9. Share Via: Lets you quickly and easily share cool stuff you find online via email or social network links with just two clicks. Automatically scans links before sending to ensure they’re safe.
10. Norton Identity Safe: Mobile Edition App: Free app downloads to your mobile device, so you can easily and securely access your logins from iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and tablets. (App must be downloaded separately.)