Re: Community Watch not send since 14 days[ Edited ]
09-13-2010 01:15 AM - edited 09-13-2010 01:17 AM
Try reinstalling the software.
Follow the following steps:
- Download the Norton Internet Security 2011 and the Norton Removal Tool
- Back up your Norton Identity Safe data by going to settings-->Web settings-->Backup identity safe data-->Choose the file you want the file to be created-->Ok.
- After you have downloaded the NIS11 installation file and the Norton Removal Tool, physically disconnect yourself from the internet by yanking the LAN cable or turning off the wireless switch or router.
- Go to add or remove program and remove Norton Internet Security 2011 conventionally. Choose remove ALL data and settings. Reboot.
- After reboot, run the Norton removal tool. Reboot. Then run the tool again.
- After one last final reboot, run the Norton Internet Security Installation file you have downloaded. If you are using Windows Vista or above, right click the file and select run as adminstrator. Wait till the installation is complete.
- When installation is complete, connect to the internet
- Run the LiveUpdate several times till nothing appears.
- Create your identity safe and restore the old login data by going to settings-->web settings-->Restore identiy safa data. Browse to the .npm file you created and click ok.
You may want turn off monthly report (located in miscellaneous settings), and special offer notification (also located in miscellaneous settings). Monthly report will launch a popup similiar to the below window once a month. I don't find it helpful so I turned it off. The choice is entirely up to you.
There that should do it... You may want to print the instructions as you should not connect to the internet before Norton Internet Security is installed. Please note, this is the ENGLISH version, I don't know the link for the German version (or whatever language you are using). Perhaps a fellow answerer can provide you with the link or further advice.