Re: New computer with Norton Internet security question[ Edited ]
10-21-2008 02:00 PM - edited 10-21-2008 02:01 PM
You could Upgrade with the instructions below; if you do do this, just remember that there will probably be Issues with N.SW. 2006, i.e. it may report no Anti-Virus Software installed when you install N.I.S. 2009, however, you should not worry as N.I.S. 2009 will be Installed, if you are going to Upgrade for free until you N.I.S. 2008 Subscription Expires.
Upgrading instructions for Norton 2006 Products and Later:
01. Select your Product and Version, from the Web Link (above).
02. Save the Download on your Desktop.03. Save your Product Key (www.mynortonaccount.com).
04. Dis-connect from the Internet.
05. Go to Add/Remove.
06. Locate "Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)" and click on "Remove".
07. Follow the instrctions and, when asked to, re-start your computer.
08. Locate to Add/Remove upon start-up.
09. Click on LiveUpdate and "Remove" and any other LiveUpdate.
10. If requested, re-start your computer.
11. Double-click on the Saved N.I.S./N.AV. File on your Desktop.
12. Follow the instructions.
13. Open Norton Internet Security or Norton AntiVirus and "Run [Norton] LiveUpdate" manually.
14. It is now Safe to Connect to the Internet again.
15. If you notice things not running right with N.I.S. 2009/N.AV. 2009, it may be a bug; please Post them here [in the Forum].
16. If you have Other Norton Products, then you can re-install LiveUpdate, or, if you have Used the N.R.T., you can re-install your Other Norton Product(s); if you do not have the Disc, then you can re-download it via the Trailware. Norton SystemWorks users have had a "Patch" Released so that Updates are received through Norton LiveUpdate, i.e. your Norton Internet Security 2009 Product.17. If you have problems un-installing/installing, then use the Norton Removal Tool.