Subject Author Rating Kudos Latest Post Replies
This is a read-only topic with new unread messages
Hi SAS, You should normally see Power Eraser come back up again after the reboot and begin scanni...
0 0
This is a popular read-only topic with new unread messages
Did you try the standalone fix tool? http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=...
0 65
Don't worry, it isn't likely that those files are present on your system. I verified that Norton do...
3 1
I'll try to answer the questions for you:    1. Norton Power Eraser is a separate download. The...
2 0
I'm sorry to hear that, it's strange that the settings weren't cleaned up (did NPE crash without ex...
2 2
That's pretty funny. If you right-click and choose Properties on the installer executable, does it ...
0 3
There is a ZeroAccess-specific removal tool available if you'd like to give it a try: http://www....
0 1
Oh well, it looks like we won't get the process dump in this case. Feel free to terminate the proce...
0 0
Actually this is probably Norton 360's Tamper Protection feature kicking in. You can go to the prod...
0 2
Checking for updates should only take a few seconds. Anything more than a few minutes is not expect...
0 5
That's a legitimate file name that comes as part of Microsoft's User Profile Hive Cleanup Service. ...
0 0
Okay, blue screen right after the Windows logo might be a hardware problem. Check your memory and d...
0 2
Sometimes a computer might be set up to boot straight from the hard drive, not any external disks (U...
0 4
Could you upload the Power Eraser logs? I'd be curious to see if something is there that's accident...
0 1
If you have access to another computer, you can try to create a Norton Bootable Recovery Disk: ht...
0 6
That is correct, neither NPE nor FixTDSS can fix ZeroAccess today. There's a separate ZeroAccess to...
0 1
We've seen cases where cookies get out of sync in Internet Explorer--the cookie names show up but t...
0 1
This key is legitimate; it is created by the scanning engine during a scan. As it is a volatile key...
1 0