• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

spam in Outlook Express

My 2011 version of NIS expired last week. I purchased and installed the 2012 edition. One feature that I seem to have lost is the ability to right click on a message in my Outlook Express inbox, mark it as spam, and automatically send a notification message to Norton and add the sender's address to my spam list.

Any suggestions on how I can reinstate this great feature?

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: spam in Outlook Express

Hello,

Welcome to Norton Community Forums!

Try the solution mentioned here and let us know the results:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=v59829664_EndUserProfile_en_us

Yogesh

Kudos0

Hey there, Yogesh.

I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm. Everything is back to normal once again. Thanks very much for your prompt attention.

Granddad

Kudos0

Sorry, but it's NOT solved. I've gone through the whole procedure listed in the solution more than twice and I still have the same problem: no antispam bar in MsOutlook. Anybody can help? Thanx in advance.
Kudos0

Aca_Senozepanze wrote:
Sorry, but it's NOT solved. I've gone through the whole procedure listed in the solution more than twice and I still have the same problem: no antispam bar in MsOutlook. Anybody can help? Thanx in advance.

I have to agree with the above member.., this problem is in no way fixed!! I installed NIS 2012 towards the end of October 2011 if my memory serves me correct. Almost 5 whole months later and Norton don't seem to have a clue how to fix this issue. Believe me I have tried everything mentioned on these forums in an effort to fix this annoying problem and NOTHING works!

Why aren't Norton doing anything about this problem? Do they just not care about their customers or their reputation?

The mind boggles..

Time for a new product for sure.

Kudos1 Stats

Can somebody from Norton mark this as NOT SOLVED please?! We still have NO spam button in Outlook Express 75% of the time.

Thanks

Kudos0

Please try uninstall/reinstall your Norton product. Use the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool:

http://www.norton.com/nrnr

After installing, run LiveUpdate repeatedly until you receive all the available updates. Then restart the computer and check Outlook Express. Let us know the results.

Yogesh

Kudos0

yogesh_mohan wrote:

Please try uninstall/reinstall your Norton product. Use the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool:

http://www.norton.com/nrnr

After installing, run LiveUpdate repeatedly until you receive all the available updates. Then restart the computer and check Outlook Express. Let us know the results.

Yogesh

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for your advice!

Sadly I have tried every method to cure this problem as previously mentioned. I've even had tech support working on it but nobody seems to have a clue. Like others suffering with this problem I have used the Norton Removal Tool (most current version) and un-installed, re-installed, un-installed, re-installed, updated, restarted, updated, restarted and so it goes on. I've wasted so much of my valuable time with this problem that I've already started looking for a replacement product (NOT NORTON)!!

You may notice I've started another post  in an effort to get people to leave their user name if they're still affected by this problem, at least that way we can get a clearer picture of numbers involved. Sadly nobody has noticed my post yet though although I am aware of a number of people still suffering from this issue, there's still plenty of people complaining about it both in these forums and elsewhere on the web.

Thanks again.

Kudos1 Stats

Does anybody know who at Symantec to 'kick' about this issue and their apparent lack of interest in correcting it?

I have found, as have other people,  that their fixes only seem to work for one cycle of swithching the computer on and off.

I am deeply unimpressed about the layers of automated 'help' which seems designed to ensure that the real people never hear about the fact that their product is not fit for purpose.

I wish I had never upgraded to the 2012 version.  No wonder it was free!!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.