• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2 Stats

Ccleaner updated again

Ccleaner just prompted for another update.  I had already installed the update ALF60 had posted (4.18.4842).

The latest version is v4.18.4844

Cheers!

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

Replies

Kudos3 Stats

Re: Ccleaner updated again

Hi Krusty you got to it before even looked for it .NOTE that ccleaner now has a computer ccleaner monitor on your desktop that pops up time will tell if this is OK to use. It also adds a start up entry on your computer....

What's new in build 4844:

Piriform quickly released a new build this afternoon as a result of the confusion that the Active System Monitoring caused in the last update.

Active Monitoring can now be disabled by:

1. Open CCleaner, then click Options > Monitoring
  2. Disable System Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable System Monitoring"
  3. Disable Active Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable Active Monitoring", and click Yes when the confirmation box appears

ALF

Kudos1 Stats

Active Monitoring can now be disabled by:

1. Open CCleaner, then click Options > Monitoring
  2. Disable System Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable System Monitoring"
  3. Disable Active Monitoring by unticking the box next to "Enable Active Monitoring", and click Yes when the confirmation box appears

ALF

Thanks for the info, ALF 

Sandro
Kudos0

One more feature Norton can remove from its Security Products .....

Hugh
Kudos1 Stats

Has anyone noticed a low but constant CPU usage in their Norton product while you system is idle?  I have had WmiPrvSE.exe churning about at 2%.  I disabled the Active Monitoring option in the new CCleaner and the CPU usage dropped back to 0% when idle.

This is Norton Security v22 but you get the idea;

My other machine, also NS v22, look to the left you will see low but constant CPU when idol.  Toward the centre and right are after I disabled Active Monitoring;

Kudos0

Has anyone noticed a low but constant CPU usage in their Norton product while you system is idle?  I have had WmiPrvSE.exe churning about at 2%.  I disabled the Active Monitoring option in the new CCleaner and the CPU usage dropped back to 0% when idle.

My other machine, also NS v22, look to the left you will see low but constant CPU when idol.  Toward the centre and right are after I disabled Active Monitoring;

Hi Krusty13:

Could you please clarify.  Do you meant that you still see low but constant (~ 6%) CPU on NS even when Enable System Monitoring and Enable Active Monitoring are both disabled in the latest CCleaner v. 4.18.4844?

If that's the case, you might want to look at Apostolos' thread Symantec, what is ...this??? in the NS board.
-------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 32.0.3 * IE 9.0 * NIS 2013 v. 20.5.0.28 * CCleaner v. 4.17.4808
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Kudos0

Hi lmacri, no the constant CPU usage has stopped now that I have disabled Enable System Monitoring and Enable Active Monitoring.

Cheers.

Kudos0

Except Active Monitoring re-enables itself after a restart, which starts the constant CPU usage again. 

Very bad practice, Piriform! 

Kudos1 Stats

I stopped CCleaner from starting by using NS's Startup Manager.

Kudos0

Except Active Monitoring re-enables itself after a restart, which starts the constant CPU usage again. 

Very bad practice, Piriform! 

That's weird, I'm using the same version of Ccleaner on my Windows 7 with NIS 21.6, on Startup Manager of NIS, Ccleaner is not even in the list.

Sandro
Kudos0

Krusty13 wrote:

I stopped CCleaner from starting by using NS's Startup Manager.

P.S. Using NIS 21.6.0.32

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15