• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen1 Stats

My computer crashed so bad I couldn't even get to Norton's support page. Had to use Geek Squad.

I tried getting to Norton's support link.  I tried looking for Norton's telephone number.  I gave in.  The $19.00 per month I have been sending to Geek Squad saved my sanity while Norton's support system did squat.  I called them up (couldn't use my computer so I had to call for help the old fashioned way) and they immediately went about fixing my system.  Guess what?  I had a virus and malware on my computer.  All this time I figured Norton's would protect me.  Tell me again what your product actually does?

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: My computer crashed so bad I couldn't even get to Norton's support page. Had to use Geek Squad.

weathernerd wrote:

I tried getting to Norton's support link.  I tried looking for Norton's telephone number.  I gave in.  The $19.00 per month I have been sending to Geek Squad saved my sanity while Norton's support system did squat.  I called them up (couldn't use my computer so I had to call for help the old fashioned way) and they immediately went about fixing my system.  Guess what?  I had a virus and malware on my computer.  All this time I figured Norton's would protect me.  Tell me again what your product actually does?

Welcome,

It does not do everything for everybody all of the time! No single security product can protect you 100% of the time from 100% of the threats that are being released by the thousands daily. Infections for computers are much like infections for humans. Be as careful as you can and you may only have one cold or flu or virus over an extended period. If you are alive you will get sick. If you connect to the Internet you will get infected.

Norton's software is very good at what it does and the teams looking for infections, identifying new ones and developing protections are also very good. Part of the problem is that the bad guys/gals don't announce what they are going to do next and how it will infect systems. So it's turned loose in the wild and there's a delay between release and protection. No known way around that fact, yet.

Keeping your OS current, your security suite current, running scans at regualr intervals and using an on demand scanner like the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware or Superantispyware will give you the best chance of catching anything that sneaks in as soon as possible.

Your best security device is the chair / keyboard interface. It must be fully engaged as long as the computer is connected.

Do what's best for you and we'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Danksagungen0

Re: My computer crashed so bad I couldn't even get to Norton's support page. Had to use Geek Squad.

LOL - We all know that Norton doesn't protect against 100% of virus threats. New malware comes out daily its only when the database is updated that it will detect and catch it. So a virus slipped threw the net. Downloading bad files from the internet is usually the cause? - Why need Geek Squad just format your computer and start again :)

Norton is in the top 3 anti-viruses :) - So if it cant protect you not much more can.

Give malwarebytes a try in future for additional protection or even Norton Power Eraser :)

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.