• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

What's the point?

...of having a forum, and promising to investigate things, if you just block a thread instead of sharing a solution?

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/time-limit-question-1

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: What's the point?

What is the point...? 
IDK but, that's what Symantec does.  They'll occasionally chime in and occasionally not return.  
You don't suppose that it's the ubiquitous "we'll check into this"... that all customer service employs.
And the number one rule of customer service.  'Tell em' what you think they want to hear'.  

Danksagungen0

Maybe I'm missing the point ... but I'm not seeing anywhere in the linked thread where anyone from Symantec promised to investigate?

There is an ongoing conversation between the original poster and a forum volunteer.

Danksagungen0

hi Elaine

For a Norton Family query Kate the resident Norton Employee dealing such matters often send a private message to the user making the query, mainly as I know she needs to ask for a number of personal/private information details which is best left away from the general forum in public display.

Michael

Danksagungen0

We will check into this.... sorta' suggests we'll look into this....and Thread is left hanging ...?   Maybe, ElaineBarral would prefer Topics come to some conclusion.  I'm used to seeing Symantec chime in and not return.  Maybe, ElaineBarral is not.
Then again.  Some users post and do not return. Leaving the Topic hanging....

Danksagungen2 Stats

Elaine

...of having a forum, and promising to investigate things, if you just block a thread instead of sharing a solution?

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/time-limit-question-1

Threads are automatically locked after a certain period of time with no posts in order to avoid old, possibly out of date information being a subject of continued discussion.

Any promise in the thread was made to the Tan-Family and for all we know it was dealt with by private messaging. The Administrator in question deals with certain countries other than the USA/Canada and may even have been dealt with on a dedicated forum, such as the Chinese one.

If you have a similar problem please just post it along with details of your system and the Norton product version 

Hugh
Danksagungen1 Stats

While users are always encouraged to use search to find topics that pertain to issues that they might be having, it is always best to start a new thread rather than to revive one that is more than a year old.  A lot can change in a year, and while a problem may seem identical to one posted a long time ago, the truth is that the problem may be caused by something completely new and unrelated to the earlier discussion.  When you are unable to find a solution after looking at the older threads, I would suggest starting a new topic.

Danksagungen0

I work closely with KatieQ, and some of the solutions are specific to the individual customer's account. If you have a question for Norton Family that needs answering, I recommend you post a new thread to the board. @KatieQ is always quick to help people.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.