• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Nothing about Norton Family seems to work righ

I have had Norton Family installed on my stepson's LG Ultimate and Windows computer since January.

It seems like nothing works as it should. 

Alerts:  I get alerts, sometimes. I can't trust that the alerts are working because sometimes I will get alerts that he has signed in during curfew hours, other times when I know he has, there is no alert. Alerts are worthless when they only work sporadically.

Web: Again, the same issue. Some sites show up, sometimes. I can see what he is browsing on his phone by looking at the Google History. Maybe 1/5 of the sites he goes to actually show up in Norton Family.

Location: Didn't work at all until about a week ago. Now it works, but I don't expect it to last. 

Messaging: Works sporadically; shows records of some and no trace of other texts.

Search: Worthless, see the above description under Web. Hardly anything actually shows up in Norton Family. Maybe 1/10 of the things that show under Google history.

Social: No issue, only because he doesn't use social network accounts. Or does he? I guess I wouldn't know since none of the other features are reliable either. 

Time: Seems to work, most of the time. Example: this morning it showed 3 hours for yesterday, zero hours today. This afternoon it updated to 7 hours yesterday and 3 hours today.

Video: I think that in 6 months I have seen about 3 things listed here. YouTube history shows like 500 things. 

Apps: If all it does is show when things are installed/uninstalled then I guess it works. 

While this may read like a negative review, I actually want this to work. I need this to work. Why do none of these features work as they're supposed to???

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Nothing about Norton Family seems to work righ

Hi Masopa,

Please check out the information below.

Alerts: Can you please let us know the date and time that the child logged onto the PC during curfew time and there was no alerts for this.  We will check into this.  To check into your account, can you please send me your Norton Family account email address by private message via the forum by clicking Inbox at upper right hand corner?

Web: There is max limit for logs to be uploaded to the server per device/day.  After the limit, they will appear next day.  Can you please to check if the missing logs appear next day?

Location: I'm glad to hear it's working now.  If it doesn't work, please let us know.

Messaging:  I assume you are referring to the default txt application on the phone which is supported.  The program currently doesn’t monitor 3rd party chat app on the Android phone, like Kik.   The team is working on the issue.  

Search: Norton Family for Windows supports Search monitoring, not yet for Android devices yet.  We are working on the feature.

Social: Please check out the link https://family.norton.com/familysafety/help.fs?action=viewSNActivities for details on Social Networking monitoring.

Time: If you are referring to the time table at Time -> Activity, it's updated periodically.  Can you please let us know the date that "it updated to 7 hours yesterday", so we check into this. 

Video: Norton Family for Windows supports Video monitoring, not yet for Android devices yet.  We are working on the feature.

Apps: App Activity displays activity of what App has child installed/uninstalled in the last 7 days. It is normal to see No Activity if child has not installed/uninstalled any activity for last 7 days.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Wow, this really needs to be spelled out more clearly for people interested in the product. 

Here all these months I've thought that we were being cautious and responsible about monitoring internet use - turns out that hardly anything he does on his phone is even monitored. 

That's really disappointing. Back to looking for a better product I guess. I expected more from Norton.

Danksagungen0

Hi Masopa,

Please provide some detailed information about the issues you brought up in your original post by answering the questions in my previous post, so we can check into them.  Some of the scenarios you mentioned don't sound normal and I don't hear them from other users, so we need to check into your account specifically.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Hi,

I am having similar issues. I recently downloaded a trial version of Norton Family and after a few tries managed to get it installed on my two daughter's devices (2 PCs, 1 iPhone, 1 Mini, 1 iPad.)

When I went on the Mini to check things were working the websites I visited appeared in the Norton Monitoring screen -- but nothing else has -- and I know my daughter has been on her iPhone. 

No time online is being logged for any device for the past three days -- although one of my daughter's maxed out her time on Monday -- but nothing since.

On one of the PCs there is an issue with the chrome extension which I am trying to sort out -- but still not logging of time despite this. 

I was with my daughter last night and her access to the Internet was turned off at the time set in the House Rules (which I was able to override with the passcode so she could continue with her homework) but no message that the passcode had been used was sent to me.

This is not the seamless integration I would expect from Norton. I am happy to provide specific examples and run tests on all the devices to help you and help me get it up and running.

Or perhaps the 30day trial is not the full-version as implied?

Thanks.

Danksagungen0

Hi Eli555,

For your 1 iPhone, 1 Mini(I assume it's iOS device), 1 iPad, please make sure you have checkd and followed the information below.

The Norton Family iOS child monitoring app includes the following 4 features:

1. Web supervision
    • Lets your children explore the Web freely, while keeping you in the know about which sites they visit and giving you tools to help them avoid unsuitable content.
  2. Search supervision
    • Shows you the words, terms and phrases your children search for, giving you insights into their interests and helping you keep them safe from inappropriate content.
    • Supports Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask and YouTube
  3. Location supervision (premier feature)
    • Keeps you in the loop about where your children are by letting you map the location of their device.
  4. Video supervision (premier feature)
    • Allows you to monitor the YouTube videos your children are watching on their iOS device, even letting you view a snippet of each video, so you know when you need to talk.

Important to note: The iOS child-monitoring app is to be used as the child’s browser on their Apple device. All other browsers should be disabled to ensure that your child’s activity is monitored and that private/incognito mode cannot be used.

Please provide the issues you are experiencing by indicating it's happening to the iOS devices or PC and we will check further on them.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Ok, here is one example:

Texting with this phone today, got the "this phone is monitored by Norton" text message but nothing is showing up in the Messages history. 

Danksagungen0

Hi Masopa,

Have you ever seen any text messages?  Does the child use SMS and/or MMS?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Yes, I have seen them in the past. They are SMS messages. They were still not appearing this morning. They are appearing now. That is a hell of a delay.

Danksagungen0

Hi Masopa,

Thanks for the update.  To check why you are experiencing the delay, can you please send me your Norton Family account email address by private message via the forum by clicking Inbox at upper right hand corner?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.