• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

IdsClientErrorDomain error 5

I am trying to use iOS App Norton IDSafe on an iPhone 7 and when I go to create a vault I get an error IdscClientErrorDomain error 5. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. With no luck.

Antworten

Danksagungen1 Stats

Re: IdsClientErrorDomain error 5

The app installed correctly. And you are having trouble creating a vault?

Have you created a vault previously on a PC? If so you should just be able to sign into the old vault by using the same Norton Account.

I'm not sure if this is in the IOS version yet. If you have not already created an account, try looking under Settings - Help. See if you can find a log or debug section. If so, turn on Debug Logging. Then exit the ID Safe app. Restart the app and try to create the vault again. If you get the error again, go back to the Debug setting and look for a link to Submit the report, or log. Use that to open an email to send the report. Just enter your comments explaining the issue.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Yes, I am having trouble creating a vault. I tried to create a vault online, but it doesn't seem to work with a Mac. Which is why I have been trying to create a vault through the iPhone App. I couldn't find a log or section in the App Settings.
Danksagungen0

Try uninstalling the app again. Then restart the phone before you reinstall the app.

Danksagungen1 Stats

Just did. Still unable to create a vault. Thanks for all your help.
Danksagungen0

Try contacting Norton Support via online chat to see if they are able to help with this error.   www.norton.com/chat

If they are unable to help, post back and I will notify my Norton contacts of this issue.

Danksagungen1 Stats

I'm getting this error message too. I went on the Norton chat support and the person said it may be a server issue and to just try again later. I tried again later and still doesn't work. I'm not willing to wait around for this so I'm just going to delete the app and try another secure password storage app. Bummer because I trust this company with security and anti-virus for my other devices.

Danksagungen0

How far are you getting in the process? Are you able to create, or sign into a Norton Account?

I have passed this along to my contacts. Hopefully I will hear back soon after the weekend.

Danksagungen0

I too am having the same issue on Windows 10 Pro.  It doesn't matter what phase or word I use during the "create a hint" input, I get the same error.  Extremely  frustrating. 

Danksagungen0

@Jorge Solorzano.

Are you seeing the same error message?

Danksagungen0

@Peter Web

Yes, same error.  Sorry about not being detailed enough.  The error I get is on the Apple iPhone 6S.  It is the error that states " IdsClientErrorDomain error 5".  I am running Windows 10 Pro on my PC, where I downloaded the APP from iTunes 12.5.1.21, then updated my iPhone to get the App onto the iPhone. During the process of getting this app to work on my iPhone, I got though many of the steps, until it reaches a password hint stage.  No matter what word or phrase is used, I would continued to get the same error.

Danksagungen0

So it is a problem with the iPhone, not Win 10. That is what was confusing me.

As I noted, I have already passed this along. Hopefully we will hear something soon after the weekend.

Danksagungen0

Same problem here. iOS 10 on IPhone 6
Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

This issue has been resolved in the latest version 4.4.12 which is available on the App Store now. Request you all to kindly update the app to this version.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you all for your patience.

Danksagungen0

@arpan_sinha

Thank you.  It works!  :-)

Danksagungen0

I have this error on an iPad Mini. IOS 10.2.1. The ID Safe app was previously installed on this iPad but was lost when the iPad was reset. I have downloaded the latest version (twice now) which is the same version that you suggested. Mostly I am unable to log in to my Norton vault account because it fails (Operation could not complete IdsClientErrorDomain error 5). However on one occasion I did complete the login but was unable to open the vault itself with the second password because of the same error. What next?

Danksagungen0

@arpan_sinha

Can you help David M F?

Thanks

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.