• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Running NIS 2009 (Norton Internet Security 2009) and Windows Defender on Windows Vista

Im currently running NIS 2009 and Windows Defender on Windows Home Premium, windows defender used to stay on and work alongside NIS fine untill one day i noticed i had to manually turn defender on, although without defender i fell my pc isn't 100% safe should i turn off defender or stop using it?

Antworten

Danksagungen2 Stats

Re: Running NIS 2009 (Norton Internet Security 2009) and Windows Defender on Windows Vista

12error12,

Windows Defender and NIS both have real-time protection. These can conflict with each other, and actually DECREASE your system security. By default, NIS should disable Windows Defender because of this reason.

BUT, this is ONLY for the real-time protection! You can still update and scan with windows defender like usual, and I would recommend that you do this once a week, or as you feel comfortable:-)

Don't worry, running a manual scan once a week with WD is perfectly fine, linked with NIS continuously running:-)

Matt

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."- Mark Twain

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.