• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Yahoo Breach

Has everyone been getting a pop up saying Yahoo has been hacked and you need to update all your personnel info? It wants everything ,social security ,credit cards all personal info on you.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Yahoo Breach

Yahoo has been hacked several times. It's world wide news. All you need to do is change your email password. 

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/15/technology/yahoo-security-breach-billion...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/14/yahoo-hack-security-o...

Danksagungen0

Robison:  Has everyone been getting a pop up saying Yahoo has been hacked and you need to update all your personnel info? It wants everything ,social security ,credit cards all personal info on you.

What is "it".....do you mean Norton or do you mean Norton Identity Protection..?

Danksagungen0

When you click on it.....(the message)  to open it . It asks for all your personal info and says its from Norton

Danksagungen0

I was just wondering if anyone else was getting this pop up. I really didn't think it was from Norton it asks to protect all your info and asks for to much personal information.

Danksagungen0

Hello, For more information, I invite you to read this article from the Norton blog : https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/security-covered-norton/yahoo-anno.... I wish you a good reading.
Danksagungen0

A popup or an emails? I surely is not from Norton. Look at the URL in your browsers address bar. That will say who it's from. For starters you should not be clicking on any pop ups. Where is this popup coming from? Email? Browser? Taskbar? Could please take a screen shot of it? 

Danksagungen0

@Robison:

As shown below, that was an original info/offer from Symantec and/or Norton re "Yahoo Breach":

You may read this comment (disable the "Special Offer Notification" in yr Norton client - note, though, that admin access will be required.) if you do not like receiving such useful information anymore.

For more info, you may Chat with Norton Support.

Thx

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Danksagungen0

@ 20750065..................That is not the popup he is referring to. He said the pop up asked for his personal info if you read his post. 

Danksagungen0

He said

When you click on it.....(the message)  to open it . It asks for all your personal info and says its from Norton

So it could be the image 20750065 posted.

Either way, I would never give Social Security number on a site I got to from a link in any communication.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

yes that's it but when you open it it asks for personal info

Danksagungen0

Ignore it.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Danksagungen0

Well if that was it then it was not from Norton.The exact exact thing you say was what 20750065 posted? Then when you clicked on read more where did it lead you? It should have lead you to a webpage from Norton about Yahoo's breach. 

Danksagungen0

It is a Norton promotional message promoting the Norton Identity Protection service. When you click on Read More it takes you to information on how NIP may help protect you, or maybe a screen where you can sign up for the service.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Yes it is a world wide news and the breach was on massive scale that affected over 1 billion users of the service. Yahoo recommends not only changing password but they're also recommending several other steps such as disabling security questions ...etc.

A lot of websites and experts are now encouraging people to completely abandon yahoo and migrate to another service as this is not the first time that such massive scale data breach happens to yahoo.

Danksagungen0

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/things-latest-yahoo-breach/story?id=44306542

I tell everyone and any who uses Yahoo as there email to switch to either Gmail or Outlook.com

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.