• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Norton Error Reporting Submission (a lot of them)

I'm noticing a lot of Norton Error Reporting Submissions in my Norton Security product's History.  Three today, four on Jan 5, three on Jan 4, three on Jan 3, two on Jan 2, three on Jan 1...  You get the idea.

I'm using Norton Security version 22.8.1.14.  These errors all seem to be "Error Class:  0xF2F7F910," whatever that is.  (I should add, I've run the "Help > Get Support" tool, with no problems identified.  LiveUpdate is also current.)

I don't know if there is an actual "error" or not; but it is pretty annoying to see these notices in the History, especially if there actually IS AN ERROR that needs to be "fixed."

Please advise.  Thanks.

Antworten

Danksagungen1 Stats

Re: Norton Error Reporting Submission (a lot of them)

Hello

I get 1 error every time a quick or full system scan. It's always the same module. I've asked about it upstairs and haven't received an answer. What is the module involved? You can try this Go to Help on the main page of the program> click on Get Support. It's possible that may fix something.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen1 Stats

Error reporting is for Symantec's internal use.  There really isn't anything in the logs that would be useful to the end user.  If you find the history annoying, you can turn off the submission of errors under the Norton Community Watch setting.  Since the log shows what has been submitted, I believe setting submissions to "never" would likely prevent further logging.

Detailed Error Data Collection lets you allow or deny some of the detailed data submissions. These detailed data may vary depending on the Norton-specific errors and components. You can use the Always, Never and Ask Me options to configure the submissions.

Danksagungen1 Stats

@Saganized:

• If the Autofix in "Get Support" finds nothing and,
  • If your Norton is ALL Green - You may also scan your system in Safe Mode later...

Then you can take it easy. And you may disable that Detailed Error Data Collection to fix your annoyance:

Thanks and luck! :)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Danksagungen0

Module Name:  ccEraser

Module Version:  116.1.1.6

Same here, floplot--always the same module.  I've run the Get Support a couple times; but no results.

For everyone...it's not the multitude of errors per se that's annoying...it's the fact there is an error at all.  I wasn't sure what it was and had no idea (still don't) whether it is "important" or not.

However, I can say this:  there are NINE (9) PAGES of Community Watch submissions in my history, since December 29.

Gee...I wonder if something might be wrong?  LOL  

Okay...thanks all.  

Danksagungen0

Saganized: there are NINE (9) PAGES of Community Watch submissions in my history, since December 29.

Norton Community Watch helps in identifying new security risks by submitting selected security and application data to Symantec for analysis. This analysis helps Symantec to provide the solutions that identify the new threats and risks more efficiently. Symantec assesses the data to determine the new threats and their sources. The collective efforts from Norton users help in quick identification of solutions for these threats and risks.

You can use the Norton Community Watch option to send information about a suspicious file to Symantec for analysis. Symantec assesses the data to determine the new threats and their sources. The Norton Insight feature uses the Symantec-assessed information to detect the security threats.

Norton Community Watch collects and submits detailed data about the Norton-specific errors and components only. It does not collect or store any personal information of any user.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v8959380

Danksagungen0

I marked the thread earlier, "Accepted Solution."  But thanks for the additional explanation.

Danksagungen0

Saganized:

...it's not the multitude of errors per se that's annoying...it's the fact there is an error at all.  I wasn't sure what it was and had no idea (still don't) whether it is "important" or not.

Of course there are errors.  There are always software errors with any program.  Check Windows Event Viewer to see the numerous errors that Windows and applications encounter continually.  These are all normal.  The errors are worked around and users only get a notification if the situation is serious enough that a human needs to be told about it.  Norton error submissions are only important to Symantec, internally, so that they can detect any problems, not with your installation specifically, but with a significant number of installations, i.e., possible "bugs."  Error reporting is simply keeping Symantec apprised of how its products are functioning in the real world, it is not trying to tell you, the end-user, that there is anything to be concerned about.  There are alerts and notifications for that, should such things occur.

Danksagungen0

Hello Saganized

The error you mentioned is the one I was referring to. Fresh downloads of NSP hasn't helped. It's low level. My program seems to work ok. They have all these error reports plus I mentioned it upstairs, so if they feel like fixing it, they will.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.