• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Has the Norton Removal Tool (NRT) Been Discontinued?

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but have the Norton Removal Tool (NRT) and Norton Remove and Reinstall (NRnR) Tool been combined into a single utility?

I browsed to the generic URL www.norton.com/nrt today and it re-directed to a support article called Download the removal tool to uninstall your Norton product. The download link on that page actually downloads the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool (NRnR.exe), and if you want to remove (but not reinstall) your Norton product you are instructed to select Advanced Options | Remove Only | Remove.  I had already uninstall NIS v22.9.1 from the Control Panel and ran the NRnR.exe in this "Remove Only" mode without an installed product on my computer so it seems to function like the "old" NRT.

Does this mean that the NRT (Norton_Removal_Tool.exe) has been retired, or was I just looking at the wrong support article?

------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.1 * NS Premium v22.9.1.12 * MBAM Premium v2.2.1

Labels: Uninstall

Antworten

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen2 Stats

Re: Has the Norton Removal Tool (NRT) Been Discontinued?

Hi lmacri,

Yeah, it looks that way.  I tried to download the NRT the other day and www.norton.com/nrt kept redirecting to the NRnR tool.

I ran the NRnR > Advanced Options > Remove Only and found that the Norton download manager kept trying to download NS, which at the time is not what I wanted.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Danksagungen0

Hi Krusty13:

Thanks for the confirmation.  I wish I'd know that yesterday - I must have wasted half an hour searching the official Norton Support site for the latest NRT before realizing I could still do a "Remove Only" with the NRnR tool to wipe the remnants of my uninstalled NIS.

After the "Remove Only" wipe was finished and I re-started my computer I saw the following pop-up, which I recall is very similar to the message I used to see after running the old NRT.  I didn't want to re-install my current product so I just closed the pop-up.

------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.1 * NS Premium v22.9.1.12 * MBAM Premium v2.2.1

Danksagungen1 Stats

I know that this is late in coming, but for those who want to still DL it, here's a link that works well.

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

DELL XPS 8900 / I7-6700 / 64bit / 16GB RAM Win7 Pro - Norton Security
Danksagungen0

Bear in mind that if NRT has been discontinued it won't be updated for the newer versions of Norton.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.