• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

LiveUpdate Version number

How do I determine which version of LiveUpdate is installed on my desktop computer? 

Thanks

Labels: LiveUpdate

Antworten

Danksagungen1 Stats

Re: LiveUpdate Version number

LiveUpdate is not a separate product. It is just part of your currently installed Norton security product. To find that version, from the main Norton Security screen, click on Help - About.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

This information is given on Nortons website https://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/what-you-need-know-about-wannacry-ransomware?inid=hho_forums_srb_ransomwannacry

``Customers should run LiveUpdate and verify that they have the following definition versions or later installed in order to ensure they have the most up-to-date protection:

Is the ùpdate version included in the About section of my product because it is not clear  
Danksagungen3 Stats

I misunderstood your original question. It is not a LiveUpdate version number but the malware definition version number you were looking for.

You will find that in C:/Program Files, or C:/Program Files(x86) depending when you installed your Norton Security. Look for your product ie Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup/Norton Data/22.9.x.x/Definitions/SDSdefs. In that last folder you will see folders with the definition version numbers. 

For this particular attack any version number later than 20170512 will have the protection you need.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen2 Stats

Everyone, as an example in the screenshot, you can also get the results straight from your Norton dashboard looking into your "recent history" as well.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.476 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.21 / Opera GX
Danksagungen0

C_Spring Glad to see you got the answer you were looking for. The team will be here should you need assistance again in the future. Have a grand evening.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.476 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.21 / Opera GX

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.