• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Identity Safe lost all my logins after update the password!!

I use Identity safe on my pc. This night when i tried to log in on the pc through the app it asked me to update the password, after I entered a new password I could log in in my personal area but... all the Logins were disappeared!

please help me! it it possible to find my logins? please please!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Identity Safe lost all my logins after update the password!!

Did it ask to update the password or reset the vault? Resetting the vault will have you choose a new password but it does clear the old vault. It is noted in the instructions.

What you need to do now is look in your Documents folder. Look for a folder called Norton Identity Safe Backups. In that folder is a folder with your email address. In that folder will be the backups of your vault.

Now go to your Norton Security main page and click on Identity. Then click Identity Safe. Open the vault with your new password. Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the page to access the ID Safe settings. Click the Import/Export tab. Click on Import and navigate to the backups you found above. That will import the logins you had before.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

here, solve this one: couple of weeks back I updated norton. Go to login identity safe and fine all my passwords are gone. tried importing ANY of my backups only to find that norton thinks they are all corrupted. So then I go online to my vault thinking I can download the online backup: wrong again, everything is gone. After a couple of failed attempts by norton to fix this, they gave up stating: problem solved. IT IS NOT SOLVED. I've asked them to at least convert one of my backups to a text file, I still haven't received any help. That's years and hundreds of passwords gone!

Danksagungen0

Hi TGP,

Did you by chance take the extra precaution of Manually Exporting your log-ins using the .csv format?  That is a text file, but Norton does not automatically Export in that format.

The automatic export is done in an encrypted manner and Norton can not convert them to a text file, as even Norton does not have access to them.

Danksagungen0

Yes, but it won't import them. I tried giving it to Norton to decrypt, no luck.

Danksagungen0

TROYSGETTINGPISSED:

Yes, but it won't import them. I tried giving it to Norton to decrypt, no luck.

TGP, perhaps you misunderstood.  You can manually Export in either .dat format (which is used in the auto backup and can also be used for manual Export and is encrypted), or you can manually Export in .csv format.  The .csv format is not encrypted and can be opened with any text editor, such as notepad.  There is no need to decrypt a .csv formatted backup.

Danksagungen0

I've tried opening them in notepad and word pad, just a lot of weird characters.

Danksagungen0

I've tried opening them in notepad and word pad, just a lot of weird characters.

Were you trying to open a backup that ended with   .dat? As yank noted, those files are encrypted and you would just see gibberish. Only the backups ending in   .csv are readable.

Danksagungen0

I was talking about the csv files. corrupted. i have not been able to import the dat files into norton. Somethings f'ed up with norton since they sold it. I tried "identify package" to see what version of norton I have. It comes back with: unable to locate any norton products and suggests downloading the version for Mac. Never owned a mac!

I've recovered a partial list of logins from a corrupted csv. but that's it. I've used Norton for many years, only the last 2 have I been unimpressed.

Danksagungen0

Sorry I do not understand the 'identify package'. If you want to know what version you are using, from the main Norton screen, click on Help - About.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.