• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Core vs F-Secure Sense

Even though I love my Norton Core I think the IOS protection that is provided by Norton Security is very limited and what it provides is already available without it.  As an example the parental controls (content filtering) is only usable within the Core network.  It would also be useful to have wifi privacy and a vpn as part of the software that is available as say Norton Core Security Plus for IOS.  I currently have a vpn product for privacy and don't know how to implement this with my parental controls that are available on the Norton Core.  Are there any plans to improve the Norton Security to work better with the Core when you are not connected to the network.   

As an example of what I'm saying you can look up F-Secure Sense which to me would be a competitor to the Core.  This is also a secure router that has some of the same features, requests, and complaints as the Core.  Some of the complaints that I have read is no desktop setup (only IOS and Android same as Core) and static IPs.    Also, by the way they also have subscription based format.  I think there IOS and Android app which they called the "Sense App" provides more protection it currently provides privacy protection and in the future will also include their Freedome VPN.  I think Norton(Symantec) should seriously consider using their Norton Wifi Privacy App as the replacement for Norton Security on the IOS and Android devices.  We all know that the current Norton Security does not provide anything that is not currently available on the IPhone.

Just my opinion.

P.S.  Everyone that is disappointed with features that you thought you should get with the Core, you should go read the F-Secure Sense forums and you will see that F-Secure has made the same limitations that Norton made for the Core when it came down to security and what is allowed and not allowed.  I know at the beginning they didn't even have a guest network.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Core vs F-Secure Sense

Additionally Norton already offers a Norton Security + Norton WIFI bundle.   Why couldn't this bundle be offered with the Norton Core Security Plus (Norton Security)?  The price for the that bundle after the first year would be about the same as the current subscription for the Norton Core Security Plus after the free year.

Danksagungen0

Re: Core vs F-Secure Sense

Thank you for this thread, @MannyT. We will review your feedback. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.