• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Yahoo mail is SOMETIMES excessively slow

using a new laptop with norton security installed, windows 10, defender turned off.

Sometimes, yahoo mail will not open on my laptop.   Its not Yahoo because I can easily open yahoo mail on other devices and computers.  Its not always just sometimes.  Every other web site opens normally and quickly, just yahoo mail is slow.

seems like norton will just occasionally choke down the connection speed for yahoo mail.

Anyone have an idea?

Angler

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Yahoo mail is SOMETIMES excessively slow

Despite the fact that Yahoo is the main spread point of a majority of the malware on the internet and Yahoo mail isn't all that secure? No clue. Are you sure that this is Norton's problem? Have you done any testing or confirmations? I know that sometimes Yahoo mail is just slow for no reason, happened when I was using it years back.

Danksagungen0

the only real test i can think of is that on my other machines with norton, yahoo mail works just fine.  its only on the new machine with a new installation of norton that i am having problems. 

Danksagungen0

Can you try simply booting into Windows "Safe mode with networking" and checking your email there?

Danksagungen0

Check the DNS settings on the new PC.  Make sure they are the same as the computers that aren't having a problem.

Danksagungen0

Angler:

using a new laptop with norton security installed, windows 10, defender turned off.

Sometimes, yahoo mail will not open on my laptop.   Its not Yahoo because I can easily open yahoo mail on other devices and computers.  Its not always just sometimes.  Every other web site opens normally and quickly, just yahoo mail is slow.

seems like norton will just occasionally choke down the connection speed for yahoo mail.

Anyone have an idea?

Angler

My experience from yahoo mail is that it tries to load new ad content every 3-8 seconds (far FAR more if you don't block ads). Yahoo seems to be 90% ads by weight and 99% ads volume. On the other hand their email does work somewhat well.

Danksagungen0

what password_password said also makes sense. I assume you are not running any form of adblock? Can you try? Maybe that might solve the issue.

Danksagungen0

The problem is that it only happens once in a while.  Its cant be a setting that I have on my system because it would always be in effect.  60% of the time it loads just as fast as it does on any other device including my other laptop sitting right next to it using the same wifi.  I keep thinking that its something associated with norton and for some reason norton just sometimes sees yahoo as a threat or something that must be slowed down to a crawl.

Danksagungen0

Angler:

The problem is that it only happens once in a while.  Its cant be a setting that I have on my system because it would always be in effect. 

The same would be true of Norton.  If Norton were interfering, it would happen every time.  The problem likely lies with Yahoo.

Danksagungen0

Angler:

The problem is that it only happens once in a while.  Its cant be a setting that I have on my system because it would always be in effect.  60% of the time it loads just as fast as it does on any other device including my other laptop sitting right next to it using the same wifi.  I keep thinking that its something associated with norton and for some reason norton just sometimes sees yahoo as a threat or something that must be slowed down to a crawl.

It depends on how much complex interrelated javascript code the ads have chained together. When you have 20-100 ads segments loading 0-5 additional components and those load 0-2 more scripts each (sometimes deeper) and this occurs every 3-8 seconds it takes a toll on your resources. Also bear in mind that Norton needs to scan ALL this junk.

Danksagungen0

Hello

Please check the new computer for any real time security program installed besides

besides your Norton program and your turned off Defender?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.0.41 I E 11

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.