• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

How do I send Symantec a quarantined file?

I am trying to submit a report on a suspected false positive but the form is being rejected because I didn't attach a file.

The file has been quarantined. How can I get to it to send it in? This is definitely not my field of expertise.

Thanks

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: How do I send Symantec a quarantined file?

Hi seagull,

Locate the item that you are trying to submit in History > Quarantine.  Double click on it, select the Aciivity Tab, and then select Options in the lower right corner.  Select the Submit to Symantec.

Danksagungen0

Thanks Yank but that's not one of the options I have (see screenshot).

Dateianhang: 
Danksagungen0

Upon further testing, it appears that a Heuristic detection can not be reported to Symantec.

Hopefully someone far wiser than I am in this area can explain why it can not be reported.

Danksagungen0

Hello

Please see this link which I think is the same heuristic virus that you have. The site says also how you can submit that file.

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2016-051811-2400-99&tabid=2

Hope this helps.

Have  a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

Thanks for trying Yank. Since this problem is suddenly preventing my nephew from playing any Big Fish games, I guess he's going to have to find other things to do.

Danksagungen0

Thanks Floplot but that's the same solution that Yank wrote me about but the "send to Symantec option isn't showing up in my case.

Danksagungen0

Hi, seagull. Maybe contact Support ? They can point you in the right direction, I hope !

http://norton.com/chat

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Danksagungen0

Hello

Check out the Related Solutions on the bottom of the link I posted above..

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.