• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Norton Security with BackUp v 22.11.2.7

I have about six pcs with Norton Security with BackUp v 22.11.2.7 installed.  They are all falling around crashing and Norton throwing errors about Licencing expired etc.  Numerous reboots and fresh installs look good for a while then (for example) LiveUpdate fails with 8921, 302  so I reboot then LiveUpdate fails with 8920, 223.  So I follow support and use the intelligent updater which fails also.

The hours I am spending means I will leave Norton again and not renew.  It is a disgrace and clearly has either been hacked or a liveupdate has corrupted us all.   

My licences and time are being wasted. 

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Norton Security with BackUp v 22.11.2.7

This sounds like you may have gotten a LiveUpdate to for the newer 22.12.x.x version that has had issues like you are describing with the subscription activation during the update process. See the product announcement here, noting the update has been pulled from the servers because of these problems.

What should eventually resolve this would be multiple, ie 4 or 5 runs of LiveUpdate until you see another Patch offered, with system restarts between each LiveUpdate run. Not ideal, but it will get your installation activated again.

The other alternative is to use the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool to get you back to a clean 22.11.2.7     www.norton.com/nrnr   Be sure you read the before you begin section, and run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available. Do not worry about getting the 22.12 version again, is not available on LiveUpdate at the moment.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Thanks PeterWeb,  I am sure I did indeed get the 22.12 version as I am updating as soon as I boot and throughout the day.  However I have still wasted hours with at least 5 PCs suffering issues and still one to deal with.  This is unacceptable by Norton and they should be compensating its customers for their error.  Had I not visited the forum after the 4th PC I would know nothing of v 22.12.

I shall await Norton updating my licence as a gesture ......

Danksagungen0

I should add that I was forced to use Norton remove and reinstall to fix this machine I am on now.

Danksagungen0

He specifically states that he has 22.11.2.7 now - but he has had troubles with the 22.12: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/problem-after-download-version-22.... He has done at least one fresh install, as I understand from that thread. Maybe the 22.12 and then re-installing and reverting back to 22.11 has caused a meddle in his Live Update somewhere?

Danksagungen0

INFO ONLY:

The 22.12 version has been pulled from the server.  Thus the most current version available for download  is still 22.11.2.7.  This is the version that will be downloaded  using the RNRN tool as peterweb suggested.  Once downloaded and installed the 22.11.2.7 version will still require LiveUpdate to be run to bring the various definitions up to date.  But since 22.12 was pulled it will not be part of the LiveUpdates. 

The biggest part of the situation with 22.12 is the incorrect days remaining with the subscription - it should not cause any problems with LiveUpdate of the 22.11.2.7 version. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.