• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Brand New Norton WiFi Privacy Subscription --- Displays Red Banner Below the Applet Showing "Your subscription has expired > ?

Hello and thank you for a helping hand up with identifying a solution to this issue.

I recently purchased and downloaded a brand new subscription of Norton WiFi Privacy to my laptop PC but when Norton WiFi Privacy is started---it displays (green) as connected----yet a red banner below the applet shows "Your subscription has expired  >

How can the Red Banner be disabled?  My subscription doesn't expire until 7/2019, about a year from now!

Please see bottom of page for recently doe\downloaded and installed subscription.

BACKGROUNDER

ORDER DATE
7/2018

PRODUCT/SERVICE
Norton™ WiFi Privacy

ORDER NUMBER
NPxxxxxx

ORDER STATUS
Closed

Expires On
7/2019

[Private information covered by forum admin for your online safety]

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Brand New Norton WiFi Privacy Subscription --- Displays Red Banner Below the Applet Showing "Your subscription has expired > ?

Have you restarted your computer? Not shutdown and startup again. If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Fast Start feature.. See more information here.

Check to see if NWP is actually working by opening a Command Prompt and running 'ipconfig /all', and see if your IP address matches what NWP is showing. If it is actually working, it is probably some corruption of your install causing the incorrect message to be displayed. 

If that is the case, uninstall NWP, restart the computer, then reinstall and test.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Re: Brand New Norton WiFi Privacy Subscription --- Displays Red Banner Below the Applet Showing "Your subscription has expired > ?

Thank you peterweb. Appreciated your insight/guidance. Great insight you have--thanks for sharing and giving a helping hand up!

Prior to my original post, I had attempted a number restarts---and then shutdowns followed by start-ups. This after installing the new software.

I also did a few NWP uninstalls and later reinstalled directly from my "My Norton" subscriptions page.

The result? Red Banner persists up to today. Puzzling!

This morning I tried running the ipconfig /all at the Command prompt. Regretfully, in my case, DOS screen flashes momentarily then vanishes. I can see lines of output briefly.  As a workaround, I tried redirect command output to a file using ipconfig /all > C:\IP Address.txt (regretfully a file wasn't created)  Puzzling!

MY PC is running Windows 10 Pro.

Another workaround I tried was:

Widows Settings > Network and Internet > View Your Network Properties

I did a keyword search in the Windows Setting page for the Norton WiFi Privacy address "Your Public IP Address is:
XXX.XXX.XX.XXX.

No matches found anywhere in the page output? ie. IPv4 address, Default Gateway & DNS Servers

Yet, the green check-mark and green circle indicating a connection (on the NWP applet) is showing---along with the Red Banner!  Puzzling!

I also explored "fast Start Feature" backgrounder.

At this stage, it's still puzzling me. I'm likely going to contact Norton Support by telephone and see if they may consider accessing my PC remotely. They're likely to see what I'm not. 

Cheers+ and many thanks.

Danksagungen0

Just to confirm we are on the same page. 

It sounds like you just ran the command from the Start menu. Right click the Start menu and click on Command Prompt (Admin). Then enter the ipconfig /all command.

EDIT

Just had another thought. Click on the NWP icon and then click on the little 'head' icon at the top right. Then sign out of your Norton Account. Then restart your computer and open NWP again and sign back into your Norton Account. See if that helps.

Danksagungen0

Hi and thanks again peterweb. Excellent troubleshooting approaches you've suggested to-date. Insightful n' helpful.

***It looks like I'll need to escalate issue to Norton Support and ask if they can access my PC remotely***

You asked, "Command from the Start menu?" Yes, previous approaches I used Command Prompt (Admin). Then entered the ipconfig /all command. Result? As described above. In the end though---Widows Settings > Network and Internet > View Your Network Properties provided me with the info. that ipconfig /all should have. An assumption!

Reference- your EDIT (Just had another thought.) Here's the results...

This site can’t be reached

onboard.norton.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy, firewall, 

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings
Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction
Go to the Chromium menu > Settings > Show advanced settings… and deselect "Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
Allow Chromium to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server…
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chromium menu > Settings > Show advanced settings… > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

Norton WiFi Privacy

The DNS server isn't responding.

At this point I was no longer able to access my WiFi at all.

I shut down my PC completely and left it sit for a few hours. Same thing with my router.

Came back, turned on the router---then my PC.

WiFi was working again. I opened NWP and signed in.

The result? See below--Your Subscription Has Expired. Red Banner persists.

Danksagungen0

It seems Norton is having some kind of connectivity issue. You can contact Support to see if they can help at   www.norton.com/contactcs

Before you do, you could see if the information in this Norton KB article helps.    https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v65845544_End...

Danksagungen0

Noted! Sounds good peterweb.

As it stands right now, connectivity to the Web is very good. The previous "The site can't be reached" really seems to be an anomaly. It would appear that way---looking at my connectivity history to-date. But.the KB article sheds light on the subject really well. Noted

Just before receiving your last post peterweb, I decided to uninstall NWP for yet another time and reinstall it.

The reinstall, this time, was not from my Norton subscriptions page hyperlink---but rather by downloading the My Norton product page where I enter my exact/new NWP Product Key.  A  different approach than my previous downloads, but it would seem the same NortonWiFiPrivacy.exe is downloaded.

NWP message said that it loaded successfully---yet part way through the download process the applet returned an error message that read "An error occurred installing the TAP device driver". After I clicked the OK button it kept on running and then it gave me the  loaded successfully message.

The final result? It (the newly installed NWP) still tells me that my subscription is expired--Red Banner persists! Puzzling!

I'll contact Norton Support folks during the day this week sometime.

Cheers+ and thank you for everything you did to help me peterweb. Priceless!

FYI - Here's the screen capture for the "An error occurred installing the TAP device driver." msg. when the NWP was downloading---based on my Product Key download approach.

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Issue Resolved by Cabresa (Norton Online Support) remotely. 04-August-2018 at 4:40 PM. Case number: ########

Great job to both Cabresa and peterweb! What a wonderful combination/teamwork on this issue.

Cheers+ Mark

Danksagungen0

Thanks for posting back. Were you able to see what was done to fix the issue?

Danksagungen0

I don't get this forem concept intirely

Danksagungen0

hoer m eric

Do you have a question about a Norton product? That is what this forum is for. Users with issues with their Norton products post questions here, and other users try to help from their experience with the products.

Danksagungen0

Hello peterweb.  You wrote, "Thanks for posting back. Were you able to see what was done to fix the issue?"

Reply: I watched Cabresa (Norton Online Support) remotely access and troubleshoot the issue. From what I recall seeing  from the process (Cabresa`s process was meticulous and quick) --- the troubleshooting matched your approach pretty closely.

The main difference was that Cabresa, after re-producing the same result (red banner and subscription has expired msg.---the next step was to manually delete files (clear) the contents of some Norton file folders. I did'n't capture the various folder names and their locations .To me, these Norton file folders, looked to contain files that NWP created in previous sessions. Once these folders were cleared of their contents---a re-nstall of NWP was done.  Success!

The end result after clearing Norton generated folders (deleting files inside) and re-running the NWP re-install? The red banner and subscription msg. was gone---for good. Yay!!

Danksagungen0

Thanks for the added info.

So looks like we need to let people know to look for files left behind when they uninstall NWP. 

Danksagungen0

Nne of this works for me, can I presume that both of you work with android phones?  None of the instructions seem to apply to my iPhone 8.

Danksagungen0

OJ King

We have been working this issue that is being seen on Windows PCs. 

If you are having difficulty with NWP on an iPhone, please start a new thread for your issue.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.