• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Renewal using Product Key query

I'm currently Norton Security Deluxe (5 users) with no utilities, (version 22.16.2.22), which has 21 days remaining.
I usually renew every year by purchasing the same product from a retailer and simply entering the new product key to renew on each of my machines.
Can I use the product key from Norton Security Deluxe (5 users + utilities), which seems to be the best price at the moment, to renew my current product which does not have utilities?

If so, would utilities get installed, and can I prevent this from happening (I don't really want the utilities).

Thanks for any help, Ian.

Labels: Installation

Antworten

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Re: Renewal using Product Key query

Hi ianmoz,

Yes, you should be able to renew your NS-Delux using a valid product key that you purchased. If it did give you access to Utilities as well, the renewal of Norton Security does not automatically install Utilities. You'll have to download and install it separately. Let us know if you need help with that.

Just curious - Why do you not want Utilities that is part of the license that you are buying from the retailer ?

Thanks

Danksagungen0

Hi

Thanks for your speedy response.

Good to know I should be ok to install using the NS+Utilities product key.

Haven't used Utilities for some time, but my previous experience was that it slowed things down, while not giving anything I couldn't get from third-party utilities. Plus, my general principle is to control what gets installed!

I'll review the latest utilities and maybe install separately in the future.

Thanks again.

Danksagungen0

I just purchased a product key from Amazon to renew my currently-installed 10-user Norton Security program. When I click on "Renew" all it lets me do is purchase it directly from Norton and not let me enter a key anywhere. Where can I enter the product key I purchased from Amazon? 

Danksagungen0

You are welcome, ianmoz. I am sorry about your experience with our Utilities product. Do let us know if you'd like us to take a look at your PC to see if and why Utilities slowed down your PC. Please send me a private message with your contact info and we can connect further on this. Thanks for  your business

Danksagungen1 Stats

Hi Astyanax,

You can find a solution to this by visiting this Help topic

Danksagungen1 Stats

From GUI Go to help/enter product key on my version

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.