• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Another "Dangerous Site": AMD

You blocked tenforums, per my other thread and now you've blocked AMD's Auto-Detect tool:

The tool is so that AMD users can detect what driver they have and then update it.

I can't be bothered to try to replicate it - I'm going to buy a new laptop which will have Intel drivers.

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Another "Dangerous Site": AMD

Hello Taffy

The new AMD site discontinued the Auto-detect tool.

https://community.amd.com/thread/232156

Download GPU-Z instead. works for both NVidia and AMD. See above link. screenshot shows NVidia, but Google search says it works with both.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

Hi Taffy_078:

If you have an AMD Radeon graphics card you should be able to check for driver updates using the AMD Radeon Settings software installed on your computer (see the support article DH-016: How to Find the Driver Version and Check for Updates Using AMD Radeon Settings) without running the auto-detect tool.

If I follow the instructions in the support article GPU-131: Obtaining Graphics Drivers Using the AMD Driver Auto-Detect Tool and use the Download Now button at the bottom left corner of the main support page at https://www.amd.com/en/support  then Norton currently reports the .exe is safe when I save it to my hard drive. I don't have an AMD Radeon graphics card (or the required Win 7 or Win 10 OS) so I didn't try running the executable.

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I hover my mouse over the Download Now button the URL that appears in the message banner implies the current v18.x tool is a beta version.  Is it possible your Norton SDS definitions were a bit out-of-date the last time you tried to download the tool?  If you re-download a fresh copy of the .exe is the file only removed when you try to run the tool?

------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security v22.15.1.8 * Adblock Plus v3.4.1

Danksagungen0

Hello Taffy

Here is a screenshot for a NVidia Video card. You would get similar information for a AMD video card. No program to install. This is just a sample and not the latest information.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.