• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

VPN Issues when trying to connect to WiFI

Ever since I installed Norton Security on my iphone, I cannot connect to my WiFi. Even when I select home network, it still defaults to LTE VPN.  Help!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: VPN Issues when trying to connect to WiFI

A VPN is not a network connection. You first need to be able to access a network before you can connect to a VPN.

Have you restarted your device since installing Norton Security? And can you confirm it is Norton Security, or Norton Secure VPN you installed on the device?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

I have similar problem, with Norton Security.

Since the update Norton Security will disconnect me from my WIFI leaving me on LTE. Tried uninstalling and re-installed, rebooting etc., noting is working to fix it. This happens on both my iPhones and iPads.

Another is if it is a problem or just how Norton Security works is if I don't want VPN because of a website says it can't work with a VPN but I need to use that website I can turn off the VPN but it reconnects anywhere from 2-5 mins later knocking me off the website I'm trying to view that doesn't like VPN.

So needles to say I've had to remove Norton Security from my mobile devices.

Danksagungen0

Can you confirm which Norton product you are speaking of? Norton Security for iOS or Norton Secure VPN?

Danksagungen0

I'm using Norton Security.  I do connect to my network and I can see the VPN is on.  But it will automatically go to LTE VPN and there is no way to keep the VPN off.  When this happens, I turn the WiFi off/on to try and reset it.  Sometimes this work sometimes not.  And when I am out and there are no networks to connect to, I can't use cellular data - both safari and google - I get the error message No network connection.  I feel like I need to uninstall Norton on the phone since this is so frustrating. 

Danksagungen0

Norton Security for iOS

Danksagungen0

Maureen2018:

I'm using Norton Security.  I do connect to my network and I can see the VPN is on.  But it will automatically go to LTE VPN and there is no way to keep the VPN off.  When this happens, I turn the WiFi off/on to try and reset it.  Sometimes this work sometimes not.  And when I am out and there are no networks to connect to, I can't use cellular data - both safari and google - I get the error message No network connection.  I feel like I need to uninstall Norton on the phone since this is so frustrating. 

Norton Security for iOS does not have a VPN per say. It just uses the iOS VPN features as a way to provide the Wifi protection. That is why you see the VPN icon in the notification area at the top of the screen.

To diagnose the problem, try going to the Web Protection page in Norton Security, and turn that feature off. Restart your device and test the wifi connections.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.