• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

does norton clean really permanantly remove preinstalled apps like android pay,hangouts,att locker, ect.,,??

about NORTON CLEAN.....so after reading about people loosing pics and how it cleans up junk I want to know if it really removes unwanted apps that were preinstalled on my galaxy s6 active???. The ones that you can only DISABLE,( sometimes )….??? the ones that are disabled  yet when u turn on wifi they start updating even though there disabled???.  does also remove apps that duplicated themselves and now you cant remove them either???  the ones that you cant even force stop???  it would make my day to know that its all  true...…

Labels: Android

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: does norton clean really permanantly remove preinstalled apps like android pay,hangouts,att locker, ect.,,??

I just had a quick look at the App Manager feature in Norton Clean on my Samsung Tab A. There were no apps listed there that were not able to be uninstalled by the Android Settings. 

The bloatware that came with the device can be removed, ie Facebook and a couple of other apps. But the ones that you cannot install are usually integrated into the OS in some way. That also describes apps you cannot force stop. They are usually part of the OS and stopping them would adversely affect your device.

As Norton Clean is free, you have nothing to lose by installing it and then checking the App Manager feature to see if the apps you are concerned about show up as manageable.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Re: does norton clean really permanantly remove preinstalled apps like android pay,hangouts,att locker, ect.,,??

Thank you Peterweb for reply. yes I do understand there are things for the opp. system and the force stop apps that have to stay, but as for the other... D##&>{#.. apps they've got to go. Now you sad at the end of your reply the word "Manageable". I have a concern with that word.See I don't want to manage those apps anymore. I don't want them to occupy any more space on my phone ever! So, did you just use the wrong word or am I still going to have to deal{manage} with them after running Norton clean? Are they still hiding back there some where? Also does it get rid of duplicate apps? like I have 3 of the same phone app, etc. And As for the comment that.. "I don't have anything to lose" are you saying that people are no longer losing there photos and stuff? because that would be great. Looking forward to reply, Thank you...…..DGMUDDOG
Danksagungen0

Now you sad at the end of your reply the word "Manageable". I have a concern with that word.See I don't want to manage those apps anymore.

What I meant by that is if the app is listed in the Norton Clean App Management section, it is manageable by Norton Clean. ie It can be deleted. It would also be manageable using the Android Settings. Norton cannot manage apps that cannot be managed manually with Android settings. Norton just gathers a list of just the manageable apps in one place. If you choose to delete the app, it will be gone from the device. If you later decide to reinstall, you will have to look in the Google Play Store.

Also does it get rid of duplicate apps? like I have 3 of the same phone app, etc

If the apps can be managed by Android settings, you can use Norton to delete them. You mention the same Phone app? What are you referring to? There is a phone app I see on my phone, but that is the main phone function in Android. And it is not manageable.

And As for the comment that.. "I don't have anything to lose" are you saying that people are no longer losing there photos and stuff?

I was originally commenting on the fact that the app is free, so you would not lose any money if you try it. But I see your point. A recent update to version (1.4.2.67) was released to address this issue. As always, it is advisable to backup your important documents and pictures/videos before trying any cleaning apps. And if/when you do run Norton Clean for the first time, be sure you expand all the categories it wants to remove files from, to manually ensure there is nothing that is going to be removed that you want to keep.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.